All Discussions Tagged 'obesity' (15)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Victoza (liraglutide) for obesity: thoughts on weight management, diabetes, and quality of life

Victoza (liraglutide) is a once-daily injection that is currently approved for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. Right now, Victoza comes i…

Started by Manny Hernandez

39 Sep 9
Reply by Manny Hernandez

Anyone been reading Peter Attia?

I discovered him recently and was absolutely delighted that I'm not alone in thinking that obesity is a symptom of T2/insulin resistance an…

Started by Hana Rous

53 Aug 10, 2013
Reply by Jag1

The Root Cause of Obesity - There is None

from DiabetesDaily.com By David Edelman Dr. Sharma, a renowned physician and top obesity blogger, calls attention to a fact: there is no ro…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

1 Jan 30, 2013
Reply by beechbeard

This Week I Will campaign chooses Diabetes Hands Foundation as one of 4 charities to benefit

PRESS RELEASE Diabetes Hands Foundation Selected as Charity Partner for This Week I Will Diabetes Pledge CampaignAmylin Pharmaceuticals, LL…

Started by Emily Coles

5 Oct 2, 2012
Reply by Brian (bsc)

Link found between BPA and obesity, could this also trigger T2?

Here's an article describing a new study that describes how BPA a chemical that is present in the urine of about 90% of the adults in the U…

Started by BadMoonT2

5 Aug 29, 2012
Reply by trenia

Can Social Networks Cure Disease? Part I

Article on DrHyman.com 4/20/2012 Last week I gave a talk at TEDMED on how social networks may be an unexpected solution to our heath care c…

Started by Emily Coles

0 Apr 26, 2012

Novo Nordisk Plans to Move Ahead With Once-Weekly Diabetes Shot

Article from Bloomberg Business By Albertina Torsoli on April 02, 2012 Novo Nordisk A/S (NOVOB) is likely to proceed with development of a…

Started by Emily Coles

0 Apr 3, 2012

What is the Name of This Game ?

For the first twelve years of my life (what I can remember of it) I was relentlessly teased for being too thin and relentlessly harassed by…

Started by LaGuitariste

3 Mar 30, 2012
Reply by Stemwinder (Gary)

Anyone watch the recent CBC Nature of Things episode on Toxicity?

Hi all: Saw a very interesting episode of the Nature of Things with David Suzuki on CBC last night which focused on toxicity, obesagens, an…

Started by marcus

8 Jan 21, 2012
Reply by Bec

Is Sugar Toxic?

What the average American consumes in sugar (sucrose) --       A very interesting (though long) article in the New York Times Magazine by…

Started by HFXNS

0 Apr 13, 2011

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service