All Discussions Tagged 'omnipod' (76)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

pros and cons of Omni Pod or conventional insulin pump

I'm starting to do research on insulin pumps rather than using MDI. I've gathered from reading here that some people find the ability to ma…

Started by lh378

22 Oct 9
Reply by eddieg

OmniPod Occlusions

I have been a pump user since 10/2005. I started with the Medtronic Paradigm and used their pumps for 8 yrs. In the past year, I have tried…

Started by BayBornTarHeel

13 Oct 3
Reply by Leah

Insulet and Dexcom Agree to Develop an Integrated CGM and PDM

BEDFORD, MA, Aug 05, 2014 (Marketwired via COMTEX) -- Insulet Corporation PODD +0.82% , the leader in tubeless insulin pump technology with…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

1 Aug 7
Reply by garidan

How Do I Know Whether It's My Basal or Bolus That Needs Adjusting?

I've been using Apidra in the Omnipod for about 2 and a half years now and last week I switched to Novolog. With Apidra I was all over the…

Started by Steve

5 Aug 1
Reply by karen

Keeping blood sugar under 140

So I've read that to have tight control you should keep your BS under 120 after eating and never above 140. Since I want to get pregnant so…

Started by JmeCoakFarmer

3 Jul 29
Reply by Zoe

1st time pumper. Animas Ping OR Omnipod?

I saw my doctor yesterday and we talked about the pump. I am currently on the vGo, and it's helping to control my sugars, but it has its li…

Started by jesikabeth

10 Jul 26
Reply by Terry

An American insurance lament or the battle of the working poor.

About me: I'm a 49 year old male who has been type 1 diabetic for a little over 30 years. I've seen treatment change over the years. Curren…

Started by Rafael

10 Jun 30
Reply by Rafael

Medtronic to Pod

Hi everyone Question! I just changed from a Medtronic to a Pod about 3 months ago. I usually need very little insulin to get through my da…

Started by Ali

10 Jun 21
Reply by 2hobbit1

New T1 Diabetic

Hi all! I am new here to the forums. I was diagnosed 2/26/14 with Type 1 (at 27). It was certainly a huge shock to me. I was under the very…

Started by JmeCoakFarmer

4 Jun 11
Reply by Melitta

Does OmniPod continue working past 72 hours?

Hi, I started using the OmniPod about a month ago and I've heard rumors that after 3 days, it will continue to pump in your basal rate for…

Started by MarlboroNick

2 Jun 8
Reply by LizBa

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service