All Discussions Tagged 'omnipod' (64)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New pumps, anyone heard about them?

I've just heard about the OmniPod, Solo and Jewel pumps and I got so excited about them, but it seems too new, too modern I can't imagine t…

Started by Molli

13 Nov 21, 2013
Reply by Don

Omnipod failures

We have received numerous complaints about Omnipods failing. Up to 40% of a shipment of 10 pods. Plus complaints about a waste of insulin b…

Started by Mylan Hawkins

27 Sep 30, 2013
Reply by gorajekd

Omnipod?

I'm 18, and this October makes it 13 years of having type one diabetes. My new Endo brought to my attention I should try going on the omnip…

Started by Miranda branco

20 Sep 25, 2013
Reply by TracySue123

A pod, a hammer, and some vice grips later...

This thing is build like a tank... A very sturdy tank. The old pod could be pried open with a knife, but this one really does require a ham…

Started by Stephen Gilbert

4 Sep 5, 2013
Reply by Brent

Cleaning skin before inserting pump set

Just a friendly PSA- after 2 years of having zero issues with never cleaning a pump site prior to insertion, I got a terrible staph infecti…

Started by Leah

1 Aug 19, 2013
Reply by Unknown Diabetic

Diet And Insulin Sensitivity

Hello all, I have been on a low-carb diet for about three weeks now. I am maintaining no more than 30 carbs in a day and it seems to be wor…

Started by Barney Swank

7 Aug 18, 2013
Reply by meee

OmniPod means no CGM under Medicaid?

Hi guys! It's been _forever_ since i've been on here... Life has started to really crunch down on me, and i've been caught up in a lot of t…

Started by Stephen Gilbert

0 Jul 31, 2013

Omnipod Tips for a Newbie. :)

Hi everyone. I am new here. I was diagnosed with type 1.5 in November 2011. Just recently I was changed to a type 1. My insulin needs have…

Started by tiffernee

5 May 31, 2013
Reply by tiffernee

Insulin Pumps?

I need help figuring out if I should stay on shots or go back to an insulin pump. I was on a Medtronic insulin pump for years until I came…

Started by Katie

4 May 15, 2013
Reply by christy

Humalog action duration omnipod

Hi guys I need some help here: I was playing with my PDM and got to the settings of insulin duration, which is set on 4 hours (Homalog). I…

Started by sharon ross

3 Apr 17, 2013
Reply by Jacob's mom

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service