All Discussions Tagged 'omnipod' (70)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

An American insurance lament or the battle of the working poor.

About me: I'm a 49 year old male who has been type 1 diabetic for a little over 30 years. I've seen treatment change over the years. Curren…

Started by Rafael

10 Jun 30
Reply by Rafael

Medtronic to Pod

Hi everyone Question! I just changed from a Medtronic to a Pod about 3 months ago. I usually need very little insulin to get through my da…

Started by Ali

10 Jun 21
Reply by 2hobbit1

New T1 Diabetic

Hi all! I am new here to the forums. I was diagnosed 2/26/14 with Type 1 (at 27). It was certainly a huge shock to me. I was under the very…

Started by JmeCoakFarmer

4 Jun 11
Reply by Melitta

Does OmniPod continue working past 72 hours?

Hi, I started using the OmniPod about a month ago and I've heard rumors that after 3 days, it will continue to pump in your basal rate for…

Started by MarlboroNick

2 Jun 8
Reply by LizBa

Omnipod Pump/ Medicare

My son is disabled and a Type1 diabetic. He turns 26 in Dec and will no longer have our Blue Cross Health Ins. He will only have Medicare.…

Started by S3GL

4 Jun 6
Reply by S3GL

One week on omnipod and many issues

we have my three year old on omnipod and in the past week we have not had but one pod stay on for the full 3 days and when we removed the p…

Started by Robin

4 Jun 6
Reply by Robin

New pumps, anyone heard about them?

I've just heard about the OmniPod, Solo and Jewel pumps and I got so excited about them, but it seems too new, too modern I can't imagine t…

Started by Molli

13 Nov 21, 2013
Reply by Don

Omnipod failures

We have received numerous complaints about Omnipods failing. Up to 40% of a shipment of 10 pods. Plus complaints about a waste of insulin b…

Started by Mylan Hawkins

27 Sep 30, 2013
Reply by gorajekd

Omnipod?

I'm 18, and this October makes it 13 years of having type one diabetes. My new Endo brought to my attention I should try going on the omnip…

Started by Miranda branco

20 Sep 25, 2013
Reply by TracySue123

A pod, a hammer, and some vice grips later...

This thing is build like a tank... A very sturdy tank. The old pod could be pried open with a knife, but this one really does require a ham…

Started by Stephen Gilbert

4 Sep 5, 2013
Reply by Brent

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

A Snapshot: Diabetes In The United States

An infographic explaining the most recent CDC diabetes figures, released in June 2014.

Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of the Diabetes Hands Foundation?

Facing Diabetes Together Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of  the Diabetes Hands Foundation? When you make a gift to the Diabetes Hands Foundation you help people with diabetes make positive changes in their lives. We believe that no Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service