All Discussions Tagged 'pen' (14)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pen needle reuse

So for those of you that reuse pen needles... What is the preferred method; capping the needle and unscrewing it off the pen? Or just putti…

Started by Sam

12 Aug 3
Reply by Rob Roy

Skins for Novopen Echo?

I recently got a Novopen Echo insulin pen and on the website it says you can get skins for them. I tried emailing them and asking where I c…

Started by Kate

2 Jan 28
Reply by Emmy

Mini Glucagon Pen?

Does anyone know if there is one in the US used for children that I can get my endo to rx? And what it is called/manufacture etc.? I asked…

Started by meee

2 Dec 5, 2013
Reply by meee

Grant Awarded to Advance Glucagon Mini-Dose Pen for Treatment of Mild to Moderate Hypoglycemia

Xeris Pharmaceuticals Awarded a NIH/NIDDK SBIR Fast Track Grant to Advance its Glucagon Mini-Dose Pen for Treatment of Mild to Moderate Hyp…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

0 Sep 27, 2013

NovoPen Echo - New 1/2 unit pen!

Saw this news last week about a new insulin pen being released in 2014 by Novo Nordisk that will deliver 1/2u increments, in addition to ha…

Started by Bradford

18 Sep 1, 2013
Reply by meee

Proper Pinch for Pen Injection - What is your Technique?

When I used syringes, I had pretty good luck doing a simple pinch of flesh at my abdomen and injecting at 45 degrees. After I moved to the…

Started by Brian (bsc)

5 May 1, 2013
Reply by Brian (bsc)

Switching from the pump to the pen

Hi! I'm Hannah. I've been a diabetic for 9 years now. I was dx when I was 11 and started the pump at age 12. I hardly remember anything abo…

Started by CupcakeOrgans

16 Aug 29, 2012
Reply by Marius

Novolog Pen... not going to believe this one!?!

One of the Novolog pens ceased working, a few weeks after we started using it. A typical dose was dialed up, the plunger button-mechanism d…

Started by Stuart

2 Oct 7, 2011
Reply by Kari

Converting from Lantus vials to SoloSTAR pens...?

The pharmacist made a passing comment when she gave me the SoloSTAR pens that, "The dosage conversion should be 1:1 between the vials and t…

Started by LaGuitariste

5 Mar 21, 2011
Reply by LaGuitariste

The Water Pistol Effect

Sometimes, when I inject insulin in one of my legs, I pull out the pen, and part of the insulin squirts out again - like a water pistol! I…

Started by Timm

12 Mar 3, 2010
Reply by Timm

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

#WalkWithD: Making MORE Sense of Diabetes

A few years ago, we at Diabetes Hands Foundation reached out to the members on TuDiabetes and asked them to share their perspective of life with diabetes through one of the five senses, as part of an initiative called Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service