All Discussions Tagged 'public' (7)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

In public or Not?

I shared on another post about watching a man, empty his man-bag of his testing supplies and there infront of a restaurant filled with peop…

Started by sdkate

67 Sep 21
Reply by TimmyMac

How often do you explain to people the difference between Type 1 & Type 2?

What is your opinion on the media's inability to differentiate the differences bewteen Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes. Do you feel as a Type 1…

Started by Trev

209 Jan 24, 2013
Reply by dishers

Type1 arrested in NYC for injecting on subway

Did you see this article? A friend sent it to me since she knows I have done this very same thing on the DC Metro and on the NYC subway sys…

Started by Jennifer B.

66 Aug 18, 2010
Reply by Cason

Diabetic patient and Designer Maker creating public awareness.

I live on the edge, a cupcake away form a coma.  I have been reading these threads for a long time but had always somehow been reluctant…

Started by James Gilpin

1 May 23, 2010
Reply by Gerri

Patient Question and Answer from Roche

Representative from Roche Diabetes Care, Rob Muller (Makers of ACCU-CHEK diabetes products) offers enlightenment to concerns regarding: FDA…

Started by Teena

0 Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN'T HAVE THAT!

As I am sitting at the Cheesecake Factory I really want some cheesecake! When we first got there the watriess saw me checking my bloodsugar…

Started by Emily Whiting

16 Apr 22, 2009
Reply by rainbowgoddess

You need to do that in the bathroom

I was asked to use my insulin pen in the bathroom of a restaurant today. I eat at this restaurant for lunch one per week for the past 3 yea…

Started by Chuck Lin

48 Jul 1, 2008
Reply by Linda G

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Where are you Medicare? The elephant was not in the room

This was the question burning in people’s mind and passionately talked about yesterday and today at the General Sessions of the AACE/ACE Consensus Conference on Glucose Monitoring, an event to bring together in Washington, DC all relevant stakeholders to Read on! →

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service