All Discussions Tagged 'pump' (448)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pump glitch

This morning I went to correct my blood sugar and could not understand why my pump kept recommending a bolus of 0.0. Then I went back and r…

Started by Jen

15 on Friday
Reply by Jen

Solara Medical

I just had a HORRIFIC experience with Solara as the distributor for my Dexcom G4, and I just wanted to post to make sure everyone's aware o…

Started by Adam Kaye

15 on Thursday
Reply by meee

Scar Tissue strikes terror into my heart

The last two weeks have produced two days that could be called "extreme excursions" for me. Why, you ask? Because of scar tissue! See if yo…

Started by Mike Ratrie

8 Nov 13
Reply by Mike Ratrie

Pump Protocal at TSA Screening--what do you do?

So pump users, what do you do? I have been traveling a lot for work, and will not go through the new security machines. MiniMed told me tha…

Started by Spock

34 Nov 2
Reply by jbowler

Infusion Set Site: Blood Beneath

So I have the tandem insulin pump and currently have a cannula attached to my left side. Today I noticed there is a bit of blood seeping in…

Started by DFresh

9 Nov 2
Reply by Anthony

What would you like your pump to do?

What (realistically) would you like your pump to be able to do? (By realistically I mean not "instantly cure diabetes" or "fly" haha)

Started by Nerdydude101

47 Oct 31
Reply by Carol99

methods of wearing a pump with a dress/skirt

i try clipping it onto the top of my skirt and putting my skirt over it but then i either get a random weird awkward block sticking out or…

Started by CozyD

39 Oct 29
Reply by Kelly

Medicaid!

What insulin pumps are covered by medicaid? I have united healthcare medicaid. I want the medtronic 530g

Started by Taylar

10 Oct 29
Reply by Kelly

Copay Assistance

I have insurance through my employer, but my copay for the Humulin U500 my endo wants me on is $1100. There's no way I can afford that. My…

Started by taytay

8 Oct 28
Reply by angivan

Active woman (tennis, golf, yoga, Pilates, etc.) needs advice on pump choice

I've been using a Medtronic Paradigm pump for 10 years, and my latest one is long out of warranty. (Still have an old back-up pump, though.…

Started by Gamin

26 Oct 19
Reply by Nell

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

World Diabetes Day at REALM Charter School

REALM Charter is a middle school full of amazing young people eager to learn about World Diabetes Day. Team DHF spent the day with over 300 students and taught them about the Big Blue Test and what they can do Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service