All Discussions Tagged 'pump' (446)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Non-Pumpers

Hi there! I am a type 1 diabetic who is working on a Ph.D. in Health Psychology. I am just starting to formulate a research topic and was w…

Started by Jessie

21 Nov 23, 2009
Reply by Amanda

Automated “Artificial Pancreas” Controls Blood Glucose Levels in Diabetes Patients for First Time

Very exciting news from a study presented at the American Diabetes Association Scientific Sessions New Orleans, LA, June 8, 2009 – UC Sant…

Started by Manny Hernandez

8 Nov 11, 2009
Reply by PatientX

Is it really the pump?

I've noticed a recurring theme in discussions. When people relay info about pre-pump experiences, it seems that they learned about (or more…

Started by Gerri

74 Nov 8, 2009
Reply by Richard P Cosgrove

need help with basal rate changes!

Hey all- I've recently been fiddling with my basal rates to eliminate a nasty spike in morning blood sugar. Trouble is, it seems to goes f…

Started by lane jaeckle santos

7 Nov 4, 2009
Reply by lane jaeckle santos

I get my accu-chek spirit pump tomorrow

dose anyone have any experience with accu-chek spirit pump?

Started by Rachel

8 Oct 31, 2009
Reply by Rachel

Bionic Woman???

Do we rely on technology too much? The other day I pulled up to my dads work one of his privates bent down to talk to me and he made the co…

Started by Emily Whiting

25 Oct 28, 2009
Reply by Unicornzzz

Most carbs you ever had in a single meal?

Today I had the largest carb meal I have had since taking control of my diabetes and getting on the pump. I bolused for 85g of carb which i…

Started by Suzanne

26 Oct 27, 2009
Reply by Dan W.

Cozmo reliability vs. Animas Ping

I've had a Deltec Cozmo for the last four years. It has failed and been sent back four times (twice cracks in the casing, twice battery / s…

Started by Dave S

6 Oct 21, 2009
Reply by Joe Burnham

Emergency Kits update...

Hi Everyone - So, you know how sometimes things seem a little more relaxed in your own diabetes world, and then it gets too relaxed and yo…

Started by Dan W.

4 Oct 13, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

New Pumper & need some help pls with infusion sets :s

I have been pumping since July 2009. I have an issue with my infusion sites. I currently use the quick-set 9mm for my paradigm/Minimed 722…

Started by Shad

16 Oct 1, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service