All Discussions Tagged 'pump' (455)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Simply frustrated and in pain

Hi everyone hope you all are doing good Ok here is my problem Saturday my dog broke my left ring finger and Sunday I had to have surgery on…

Started by dee

4 Feb 4, 2010
Reply by Gerri

21 Years old and I just got diagnosed. HELP!!! Honeymooning and insulin dosage!!

Okay, so long story short, I'm a physically active 21 year old male in good shape (6' 165lbs) and I was diagnosed with type1 diabetes Decem…

Started by Tim G

15 Jan 28, 2010
Reply by Kyndal

Athlete with Type 1 diabetes makes U.S. Olympic Ski Team

This just in:"Today, Kris Freeman, one of the country’s most elite cross-country skiers, was selected to compete as a part of the US Ski Te…

Started by Manny Hernandez

4 Jan 24, 2010
Reply by Terrie

Insulin Math

I use Humalog U-100. The vial is supposed to contain 1,000 units in it. My pump reservoir holds up to 300 units at a time. That means I sho…

Started by Pavlos

6 Jan 21, 2010
Reply by Sarah

Artificial Pancreas

http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyle/content/healthday/634962.html?chan=rss_topEmailedStories_ssi_5http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6

Started by Pavlos

1 Jan 20, 2010
Reply by Domo!

Infections at pump sites....

Has anyone else experienced infections at pump sites? I currently have two open sores on my stomache where my pod was located, both are inf…

Started by Marcia

11 Jan 20, 2010
Reply by Michele

Are air bubbles harmful?

I was wondering about the air that goes into the body when injecting insulin or when using the pump, we do our best to remove it before inj…

Started by Ahmad

5 Dec 16, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

Infusion sets?

What infusion sets are everyone on a pump using... After Smith's Medical decied to go out of buissness I had to give up my CLEO'S! :( Jus…

Started by Emily Whiting

3 Dec 3, 2009
Reply by Taylor Moody

What all supplies do you pump users carry?

I'm starting my pump with insulin on wednesday (YAYYY!!!) and was just wondering what all supplies pump users carry on a regular basis?

Started by Leanna

50 Nov 24, 2009
Reply by Steve

Non-Pumpers

Hi there! I am a type 1 diabetic who is working on a Ph.D. in Health Psychology. I am just starting to formulate a research topic and was w…

Started by Jessie

21 Nov 23, 2009
Reply by Amanda

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service