All Discussions Tagged 'pumpers' (9)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Does the medical team at your local ER know how to care for Type 1 patients?

My PCP sent me to the emergency room last week. I was wondering how other ERs care for Type 1 patients - especially when the apparent reaso…

Started by Marypat

81 Jun 1
Reply by nel

Charity Ideas involving Diabetes?!

Hi. My local community of young people are trying to get our name out there in our community. We are donating to charities and our top one…

Started by Caren

1 Jun 1
Reply by Marie B

Interested in a Diabetes Teen Youtube Channel?

Hello! I was sorta thinking last night.... I wanted to see if anyone was interested in maybe making a youtube channel about diabetes! First…

Started by Caren

0 Feb 15

Real life advice for a new pumper :)

So I FINALLY get to start using my Accu-chek spirit combo IP this upcoming Tuesday. I realize it will probably take some time to get the in…

Started by ashleypfuntner

38 Sep 5, 2013
Reply by Lucia

Diabetes camp!!! Summer 2012 ~

Left- me Middle- My friend Jasmin. We have been friends for 2 years! Right- My friend Karley, and she has been with me at camp since the b…

Started by Caren

2 Feb 9, 2013
Reply by rick the "Blogabetic"

I am new to this website....

Hello, I am new to this website and just wanted to stop by and say hi! My name is Caren and I am 15 years old. I was diagnosed with type 1…

Started by Caren

9 Feb 9, 2013
Reply by Caren

Identifying areas of scar tissue

I have a confession to make. I've had Type 1 for 15 yrs, I've been pumping for 12. I've read posts about scar tissue and how it makes it mo…

Started by Dave S

27 Sep 23, 2009
Reply by rafael

Insulin Pump Tips and Trips

Found this very nice article and thought I'd share it: http://www.healthcentral.com/diabetes/c/5868/39586/tricks-insulin/?ic=6044 Any tips…

Started by Manny Hernandez

2 Sep 27, 2008
Reply by -light-

How many of you save your insulin resevoirs and reuse the insulin?

I use a Minimed 522 while I have gotten pretty good at determining how much insulin I use before I change my set I don't want to run out be…

Started by Dave

8 Oct 16, 2007
Reply by Emily Whiting

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service