All Discussions Tagged 'recovery' (8)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Recovery time from morning lows

Hello, My daughter is 15 years old and is experiencing low blood sugars in the mornings several times per week. Oddly, she feels low when s…

Started by Terri

10 8 hours ago
Reply by Terri

DKA for the first time this weekend

A perfect storm of sunny, hot day, dehydration and pump malfunction put me into my first episode of DKA this weekend. I have been Type 1 fo…

Started by B Mantak

17 Sep 8, 2013
Reply by acidrock23

20 Years of Diabetes and Wound Healing- 4 Hair Transplantation-? -URGENT TOPIC-

as i stated above i have type 1 diabetes for 20 years and my A1C is generally around 6. the problem with hair transplation however is as yo…

Started by ghfgfhrh

5 May 7, 2013
Reply by ghfgfhrh

High Sugars & Thinking

Finally my sugars are stabilising :) After going on DAFNE I understand so much so much better !! But I've had about 3 months of bad control…

Started by Char8833

6 Dec 6, 2012
Reply by Wren

What's Wrong With People?!? (and what to do about it...)

There was yet another harrowing story in the Seattle Times today about a vile creature with a history of abusing women: http://seattletimes…

Started by LaGuitariste

16 Mar 7, 2012
Reply by LaGuitariste

Not for profit all set up. Here is some info for those of you who are interested

DWED (Diabetics with Eating Disorders) www.dwed.org.uk is a not for profit organisation working towards charitable status. Recent research…

Started by Jacq Allan

0 Jun 14, 2010

"Poor" resting heart rate or recovery heart rate -- should I be worried?

Not sure where I should post this, but a few weeks ago I entered a personal physical training program for people with chronic health condit…

Started by Kelly

24 Mar 25, 2010
Reply by DuckFiabetes!

Knee replacement surgery -- Type II

I am a type II diabetic, supposedly controlled by diet, exercise and metformin and amaryl.I write those in dark letters because I always se…

Started by Cathy Jacobson

8 Feb 1, 2010
Reply by Cathy Jacobson

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

World Diabetes Day at REALM Charter School

REALM Charter is a middle school full of amazing young people eager to learn about World Diabetes Day. Team DHF spent the day with over 300 students and taught them about the Big Blue Test and what they can do Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service