All Discussions Tagged 'security' (14)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pump Protocal at TSA Screening--what do you do?

So pump users, what do you do? I have been traveling a lot for work, and will not go through the new security machines. MiniMed told me tha…

Started by Spock

34 Nov 2
Reply by jbowler

Pump and Airport Security

For years, I have requested a "search" to avoid walking through the body mage machine with my pump--Medtronic says no, so I don't. I dawned…

Started by Spock

57 Oct 2
Reply by Alyssa

White House Petition to Standardize TSA Screenings For Diabetic Persons Wearing Devices

This we can ALL get involved with... It only takes a moment to sign your name and help us all - Type 1, Type 2, Type EVERYONE... Please sha…

Started by Christel

52 Aug 26
Reply by Rob Roy

Bad experiences with people since getting my omnipod

Ive only been on the pod for about 3 weeks now, and so far a lot of ups and downs. My depression overall is overwhelming. I don't want to s…

Started by Jolleygirl

13 Apr 27
Reply by Cocheze

Insulin pump and airport/TSA procedures

Hello everyone, I have a couple of questions: 1. I will be doing a lot of traveling in May through airports. I have heard about not going t…

Started by Cmcardenas

26 Mar 30
Reply by artwoman

Feds warn PC users to disable Java due to security flaw

This notice is not related to diabetes or TuDiabetes, specifically, but is an important security warning for any of our members and visitor…

Started by Emily Coles

32 Feb 20, 2013
Reply by Holger Schmeken

D and Air travel

i will be traveling in Feb. first time through the airport and TSA with all the gear (pump, insulin, ect) two weeks worth and backup. i'm s…

Started by M

13 Nov 29, 2012
Reply by M

TSA and Pumps

I travel frequently. I had gotten the TSA thing down to a science -- because I have a knee replacement I always opt for the full body scann…

Started by Donna H

11 Sep 25, 2011
Reply by slack

Pump Hackers

My sister sent me the link to this article about the security of wireless insulin pumps and other medical devices. I though I would share h…

Started by Kelly WPA

34 Jun 15, 2011
Reply by Dee

Firewalls/Proxies causing Post Limitations?

In my work environment where I frequently post I have firewalls and a proxy in place for security. Some recent changes have caused weird li…

Started by Brian (bsc)

6 Apr 23, 2011
Reply by Manny Hernandez

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

World Diabetes Day at REALM Charter School

REALM Charter is a middle school full of amazing young people eager to learn about World Diabetes Day. Team DHF spent the day with over 300 students and taught them about the Big Blue Test and what they can do Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service