All Discussions Tagged 'shots' (20)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Interested in a Diabetes Teen Youtube Channel?

Hello! I was sorta thinking last night.... I wanted to see if anyone was interested in maybe making a youtube channel about diabetes! First…

Started by Caren

0 Feb 15

Do you prefer shots or the pump?

I was just curious about what others prefer. I personally prefer the pump. I have been on the pump for eight years now. I do not think I wi…

Started by Gabriella

37 Nov 18, 2013
Reply by artwoman

going off the pump

I have been on the pump for a long time and i am getting tired of it. i have bad control now keep getting bad sites and everything. I know…

Started by Rachel

5 Aug 2, 2013
Reply by Kate

Insulin Pumps?

I need help figuring out if I should stay on shots or go back to an insulin pump. I was on a Medtronic insulin pump for years until I came…

Started by Katie

4 May 15, 2013
Reply by christy

I am new to this website....

Hello, I am new to this website and just wanted to stop by and say hi! My name is Caren and I am 15 years old. I was diagnosed with type 1…

Started by Caren

9 Feb 9, 2013
Reply by Caren

Allergy shots & blood sugar

We're considering allergy shots for my type 1 son. Have any of you T1s had allergy shots & did they have any effect on your blood sugar…

Started by AustinMom

0 Apr 11, 2012

How long?

Recently I've been having these highs that seem to last forever and it takes like 2 or 3 shots to get it down even if it's only at around 1…

Started by NyJonesy26/Ken

15 Aug 23, 2011
Reply by Stuart

Are you a wimp when it comes time to inject??

Ok so I've been taking daily shots for over 8 years. But I still act like a HUGE wimp. I hesitate....make a pouting face and hold my breath…

Started by MikeyType1

9 Nov 22, 2010
Reply by Gerri

Dead pump has now been replaced ... but still interested in Lantus/Levemir advice

Sorry ... I know this topic has been addressed before, but I can't seem to find the post(s) I'm remembering. My pump died an unexpected dea…

Started by Heather

37 Oct 15, 2010
Reply by Jag1

has anyone switched from pump back to shots? and why?

I've been on shots for almost 8 years. I'm about to be pumping soon if everything goes as planned. I will probably like it and will have be…

Started by MikeyType1

34 Aug 6, 2010
Reply by Tom T

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service