All Discussions Tagged 'spike' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

High Readings after non-strenuous exercise.....

I did a search on TU about BG levels rising after exercise. Most were specifically about after high intensity workouts. I get the science b…

Started by Spock

21 Feb 16
Reply by Spock

Green tea can modify the digestion of starch

The following study shows that green tea has the potential to reduce / inhibit the digestion of starch in food. Less than 2 cubs per meal c…

Started by Holger Schmeken

4 Dec 7, 2012
Reply by Anthony Holko

Do your allergies--food or otherwise affect your BG

Food allergies definately will make mine spike (soy especially). Just curious. And yes I try to avoid soy-it is not always disclosed, or is…

Started by Denise Bevard

3 May 12, 2012
Reply by Jen

Whey Protein Shakes

So I drink these shakes (Gold Standard Whey) either post workout or just as little pick me up during the day. 1g fat, 3g carb (1g sugar) a…

Started by dino

9 May 1, 2012
Reply by Noturningback

purposely overdosing to cover snacks with a grazer?

Does anybody do anything like this? Here's my dilemma with my 4 year old diabetic in the afternoons with snacktime(s). 1. We need prebolu…

Started by montanasugar

25 Aug 4, 2011
Reply by Alan

Bad Habit? Dump or No Dump?

We all have a few. Mine is coffee. It spikes me in the morning. I do what I can to negotiate the spike. I'm not willing to ditch the joe to…

Started by Bug74

128 Feb 1, 2011
Reply by Playthebanjo

Post-prandial spike, then low

Hi all: I'm having a post-prandial spike, followed by a low, pretty routinely.  This is typical: 7:45a: BG 107/carb 42/bolus: 10.5U (wait…

Started by Paul

18 May 20, 2010
Reply by Mike Ratrie

Friend made home made pizza dinner for me, and the husband, tonight. It's usually very awful for me. How do I say no, or limit myself??? Please help!

They've already made it, and I don't want to be offensive... Maybe I can somehow manage some, this time, and tell them next time to try som…

Started by The Diabetic Welfare Queen

21 Jan 27, 2010
Reply by Ivan E. Cao-Berg

Sugar rising after shower

A while ago I was at around 160 and thought a shower might help get my sugar down a little. Bad idea. When I got out of the shower I was ar…

Started by NyJonesy26/Ken

14 Oct 14, 2009
Reply by Don Kelly

Thoughts...re: 10yo boy, getting a ~bump~ before midnight?

Looking for ideas...was talking with the parents of a boy I teach who has used a pump for several years. The past two months or so he's bee…

Started by Stuart

3 Apr 3, 2009
Reply by Stuart

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MasterLab through the eyes of the community

The Diabetes Hands Foundation would like to thank everyone for attending the diabetes advocates MasterLab on July 2nd 2014. MasterLab was about building a sense of what is possible and designed to give advocates a chance to learn from veteran Read on! →

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service