All Discussions Tagged 'statins' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Cholesterol - ask your doctor to check particle size before going on a statin

I am in shape, have low body fat and a low BMI, but I have a family history of heart disease and a personal history of elevated cholesterol…

Started by Shadow Dragon

2 Jul 18
Reply by Shadow Dragon

Statins?

Hi TuD crew, Any long standing T1Ds on a statin? Crestor, Lipitor, etc..? Just wondering if this is "normal" like an ACE or ARB for organ p…

Started by Strings

16 Jun 13
Reply by Strings

Eggs Regain Reputation - Except for Diabetics!

I've recently been told to get my cholesterol down, or else go on statins, so this article caught my eye in this week's Science section of…

Started by Marie B

15 Feb 15
Reply by Shawn

Statins

From what I am reading it is being suggested in the new guidelines that all diabetics should take a statin. I am not on one. I am concerned…

Started by twinchick

19 Nov 30, 2013
Reply by Ryan

Differnet kind of cholesterol medication

I just saw my endocrinologist and again, as usual, he brought up cholesterol medication. As usual, I told him that I wouldn't take it. I sa…

Started by Jen

30 Aug 10, 2013
Reply by Brunetta

T1 Diabetes and Statins

Hi everyone, My partner is a T1 diabetic for the last 29 years. He is 39 years old. He is generally in good health. Over the past year or s…

Started by WWGirl

40 Oct 23, 2012
Reply by jattzl

Stopping Statins and rebound high cholesterol

I recently decided to stop taking Zocor. I don't even remember having cholesterol problems when I started taking it, just doing it because…

Started by PedsRN

14 Jun 26, 2012
Reply by KCCO

Statins and rising BG

I had bloodwork done a few days ago for an upcoming appointment with a new doctor. I'm ramping up my exercise program with a trainer at the…

Started by sweetpotater

24 Oct 4, 2011
Reply by sweetpotater

Statins for all Type 1's?

I recently moved and had to switch Endos. He gave me some recommendations right off the bat that I hadn’t ever heard before; at least not f…

Started by Julie

55 Mar 4, 2011
Reply by Betty J

McStatins? That's not even funny

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 at 8:53 AM   |  posted by Monica Reinagel, MS, LD/N I really hope they meant it as a joke. But even if they did,…

Started by The Diabetic Welfare Queen

7 Sep 9, 2010
Reply by Gerri

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Where are you Medicare? The elephant was not in the room

This was the question burning in people’s mind and passionately talked about yesterday and today at the General Sessions of the AACE/ACE Consensus Conference on Glucose Monitoring, an event to bring together in Washington, DC all relevant stakeholders to Read on! →

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service