All Discussions Tagged 'strips' (79)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Relion test strips: An example of how WE, the healthcare consumer, are the problem

Warning: This is a bit of a soapbox, a somewhat volatile issue, and there are political elements to it. If you aren't interested in the man…

Started by Dave

83 Feb 25
Reply by YogaO

boycott

I've mentioned this idea several times. Now I'm going to put my money where my mouth is. I am no longer going to depend on my insurance for…

Started by Sam

36 Feb 18
Reply by MikeStarrWriter

one touch strips

I have always trusted my one touch meter. Because the strips are so expensive I bought a Reli On Prime. The Prime meter consistently reads…

Started by Oldspook

34 Feb 12
Reply by mohe0001

iHealth Lab's launches "world’s smallest, most portable mobile glucometer"

So I'm curious who else saw this mobile personal healthcare company announce their really small glucometer that attaches to an android or i…

Started by SSD

5 Feb 9
Reply by wayne

How many Test Strips do you use in 1 month? Just Curious.

I seem to be a compulsive "tester".....I was just wondering if I am "out there" on how many Test Strips I use. I will say about 400-500 a m…

Started by Robyn

596 Feb 3
Reply by Margaret Ford

Onetouch monopoly?

I have 2 different prescription plans. Last year one of them declared they will only cover onetouch strips. starting next year (tomorrow) m…

Started by Sam

17 Jan 1
Reply by artwoman

Differences in diabetic supplies

My insurance company just sent a 2015 update on what medicines they will cover and other changes in the current policy. I am on Humalog rig…

Started by sdkate

14 Dec 20, 2014
Reply by jims

Omnipod's Freestyle test strips & Medicare

I was just told that Abbott will no longer allow the Medicare approved supplier to provide the Freestyle test strips; they will only be sol…

Started by annecy

6 Dec 17, 2014
Reply by annecy

Accu-Chek Aviva Test Strips LOT 493755

Any one experience this Accu-Chek problem? I checked carefully to ensure I was given the correct strips for my meter. Some of my supply fro…

Started by Sue

5 Dec 1, 2014
Reply by Andrew Phillips

Figuring out Medicare

Can anyone give me a hint on how to maneuver Medicare in order to get test strips covered? I was forcible switched to Medicare and moved to…

Started by Mary Jo

5 Sep 20, 2014
Reply by jims

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Joins Diabetes Advocacy Alliance

Diabetes Hands Foundation is incredibly honored to join the Diabetes Advocacy Alliance, an organization with the drive and potential to affect a powerful, positive impact on diabetes and healthcare policy. Diabetes Advocacy Alliance is a 20-member coalition of leading professional Read on! →

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service