All Discussions Tagged 'sugar' (137)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pricking fngers

what can I use to help when I prick my fingers for blood sugar test to stop hurting?

Started by jane

7 Mar 12
Reply by Stuart

Insulin Pump and exercise

Hi everyone. I am in a bit of a rut at the moment, and I hope you can help me out. I've recently decided that I hate how I've been treating…

Started by Verity

22 Mar 8
Reply by LorraineK

CA bill to label sugary sodas, says sugar consumption leads to diabetes

State Sen. Bill Monning (D-Carmel) and the California Medical Assn. said the legislation is necessary because research links sugary drink c…

Started by Melitta

37 Mar 4
Reply by Jan

Nightime Low Blood sugar Monitoring Products

Hi all, I am looking for any & all recommendations for products that are currently available for monitoring (and alerting) you of hypog…

Started by RogerAlyn

9 Jan 20
Reply by meee

How Much Sugar is Too Much? |Project SugarScience

Full article HERE. These days, sugar is pretty much everywhere in the American diet. A new initiative from the University of California, Sa…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

10 Dec 24, 2014
Reply by pancreaswanted

Holiday Cookie Recipe - Diabetic and Diet Friendly

These turned out so good, I decided to share with others of like mind! All of these can be purchased from Amazon or Netrition. Sugar Free S…

Started by Piscesyin

0 Dec 22, 2014

Sugar cravings.

In the beginning of Sept I went and had my blood work done and it was awesome. All my numbers were great. I started eating better and going…

Started by John11

9 Sep 27, 2014
Reply by John11

BG Spikes After Hypoglycemia

So I seem to consistently run high after low episodes again and again. Example 1: Last night I was low for a good two hours. Saw I was low…

Started by DFresh

18 Jul 31, 2014
Reply by david-1968

Essential Oils - I was a skeptic until .....

I had several friends that started using essential oils earlier this year and even though I thought "that's great - glad it's working for t…

Started by Shannon

0 Jun 30, 2014

Nutritional question

When looking at a label on food, it's pretty much possible to calculate the calories based on the carbs, fat, and protein listed even if th…

Started by Jen

7 Jun 24, 2014
Reply by FHS

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Joins Diabetes Advocacy Alliance

Diabetes Hands Foundation is incredibly honored to join the Diabetes Advocacy Alliance, an organization with the drive and potential to affect a powerful, positive impact on diabetes and healthcare policy. Diabetes Advocacy Alliance is a 20-member coalition of leading professional Read on! →

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service