All Discussions Tagged 'test' (68)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How many Test Strips do you use in 1 month? Just Curious.

I seem to be a compulsive "tester".....I was just wondering if I am "out there" on how many Test Strips I use. I will say about 400-500 a m…

Started by Robyn

524 Apr 9
Reply by sdkate

Exactly how do YOU prepare and prick your fingers?

Hi everyone -- I'm less than a month into testing my blood glucose levels, and bit by bit I'm getting a method that works. But I figure I c…

Started by Infodigger

25 Apr 5
Reply by rick phillips

Hand care - after 'sticking' your fingers with a lancet

Lip balm every now and then has been suggested. Any other Suggestions? What about folks who have been doing it for years, whats the condit…

Started by Michael Hutch

40 Apr 5
Reply by Scott A

Miss Manners "draws the line" at testing BG in public

Unbelievable! Miss Manners says: never test blood glucose in public. Go to the bathroom on the airplane instead of doing it discretely at y…

Started by Dan F

75 Mar 12
Reply by Patricia

Test strips where do you dispose of them?

I was watching a youtube on 5 bad habits with diabetes. this lady was explaining 5 bad habits that she has with her diabetes one of them wa…

Started by dishers

58 Mar 9
Reply by Mar2a

How many test strips do you carry in the car?

How many test strips do you keep in your car and when do you restock? I am always afraid of running out. I keep my (car strips)and a meter…

Started by rick phillips

14 Feb 10
Reply by Richmatik

FDA's New Guidance on Blood Glucose Test Strips | A Sweet Life

Written by Catherine Price of ASweetLife.org It’s difficult to make the FDA’s new guidance on blood glucose test strips sound sexy, but I’…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

7 Feb 4
Reply by Richmatik

I should be testing how many times?

I've been testing like 12 times a day. My nurse just told me on the phone I should never test more than 4 times. WHAT? How am I gonna know…

Started by emma

150 Jan 23
Reply by Chadha

Frequent Finger Testing and Calluses

Quick question to frequent testers out there.... I test between 6 and 10 times a day and only on fingers because they provide a more accura…

Started by Piscesyin

23 Jan 12
Reply by Piscesyin

Why You Should Worry About the Accuracy of Test Strips

True or false: The FDA guarantees the safety and accuracy of blood glucose test strips currently on the market. Answer: False. If I may quo…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

0 Oct 9, 2013

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service