All Discussions Tagged 'to' (32)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

We need to share about HIGHs and LOs

Friends, in the last two days, I have read more pleas for help or information; heard more questions on the street about what to do aboat HI…

Started by sdkate

9 Jul 7
Reply by meee

Exactly how do YOU prepare and prick your fingers?

Hi everyone -- I'm less than a month into testing my blood glucose levels, and bit by bit I'm getting a method that works. But I figure I c…

Started by Infodigger

25 Apr 5
Reply by rick the "Blogabetic"

Going for insulin

First, thanks to those people who took the time to educate me on oral meds and insulin. I've done some additional homework, and found there…

Started by sdkate

27 Dec 27, 2013
Reply by jims

Study: Trusting Their Doctor Helps People Manage Diabetes

For people with diabetes, a good relationship with a physician is key to sticking to a treatment plan that can help avoid serious complicat…

Started by CFAH

15 Sep 30, 2013
Reply by Judith in Portland

504 Team Members - Back to School

I'm wondering what the composition of 504 teams is for different people. Who is on yours? - Parent? - Classroom teacher? - Nurse? - Princip…

Started by Lorraine

3 Sep 15, 2013
Reply by nailedbyjackie

Is my Insulin ok? In freezer but not frozen.. ??

I put "all" of my extra insulin in the freezer today because we had a power failure of 4 hours and it was sweltering in the 90's .. then I…

Started by meee

32 Jul 23, 2013
Reply by meee

New to the disease...

Wanted to see if anyone wanted to talk? New or experienced, I think anything at this point will help. It's been a hard couple months for me…

Started by Sara

1 Jun 19, 2013
Reply by Zoe

Changing from sliding scale Humalog to every meal

About 8 months ago, my doc put me on a sliding scale of humalog ( if my blood sugars are 150- 200 I take 2 units; 200-250 is 5 units and 25…

Started by sdkate

3 Apr 5, 2013
Reply by Brian (bsc)

Have you ever used your diabetes as an excuse to get out of doing something you didn't want to do?

OK, I have to confess.... I use my diabetes to get out of doing things, like um..... jury duty. Sh... don't tell! I've also used it to cal…

Started by Shelly Largent

42 Nov 13, 2012
Reply by Adriana

Carb to insulin ratio

Hi All, My first post! I'm wondering if my carb to insulin ratios seem insanely low to anyone else. I am 5'7", 155 lbs, and moderately acti…

Started by Alex

10 Sep 30, 2012
Reply by Clare

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

La Diabetes Hands Foundation y HelpAround uniendo las personas tocadas por la diabetes

Para nuestra comunidad de diabetes la tecnología ha venido a llenar muchos vacíos y a hacer de nuestras vidas un poco mas llevaderas. Eso mismo nos proporciona una nueva aplicación de geo-localización llamada HelpAround (Ayuda a tu alrededor). HA Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service