All Discussions Tagged 'treatment' (52)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

3 month check up advice

I was diagnosed with T2 11/15/13, so about three months ago. I had a A1C of 10.8 at diagnosis. My PCP has done a lot of things that make me…

Started by Morphic

20 Feb 14
Reply by David (dns)

Debating treatment for severe eating disorder...

Hi, I am Rebecca. I am type 1 diabetic, for 14 years. For the past 3 years, I have been suffering from eating disorders (EDNOS-eating disor…

Started by Rebecca

15 Feb 4
Reply by david-1968

Mini Glucagon Pen?

Does anyone know if there is one in the US used for children that I can get my endo to rx? And what it is called/manufacture etc.? I asked…

Started by meee

2 Dec 5, 2013
Reply by meee

ingrown toe nail: treatment?

Last night my 2 toe became inflamed and swollen and painful with a small abscess. I went to the podiatrist- she clipped it etc. She said to…

Started by meee

7 Sep 26, 2013
Reply by meee

Amid Rising Tide Of Diabetes More Patients Reach Treatment Goals

There’s a glimmer of good news amidst all the recent bad news about diabetes. Although the prevalence of diabetes has doubled over the last…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

0 Feb 21, 2013

Promising Research relating to Type 2

Here is a link relating to gene research for type 2. http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/8261556/Diabetes-breakthrough-at-university

Started by Pastelpainter

0 Feb 10, 2013

The Ideal Diabetes Therapy: What Will It Look Like? How Close Are We?

From ADA Clinical Diabetes: Although the number of diabetes treatments has substantially increased in the past two decades, today's therapi…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

0 Jan 31, 2013

"D" nightmares... what's your "worst"?

In terms of your diabetes, the things you do, what is the worst nightmare that you can imagine happening??? Myself, two come to mind. Hows…

Started by Stuart

13 Oct 28, 2012
Reply by Jen

No Grains = control and wt. loss!

I have been doing the Primal Blueprint http://www.marksdailyapple.com/#axzz1xtNpOvAj eat lots of Meat and Fat Lots of Veggies - some nuts-…

Started by Sick of TYPE 1

39 Jul 27, 2012
Reply by Sick of TYPE 1

FDA approves Jentadueto™ tablets for the treatment of adult patients with type 2 diabetes

PRESS RELEASE New treatment combines DPP-4 inhibitor, linagliptin (the active ingredient in Tradjenta™ (linagliptin) tablets), and metformi…

Started by Emily Coles

5 Jul 8, 2012
Reply by Anita Logan

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service