All Discussions Tagged 'type' (366)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How am I GAINING weight?

I've been watching what I eat, using Myfitnesspal app, and going to the gym (although am limited to what I can do because I recently hurt m…

Started by jesikabeth

33 18 hours ago
Reply by Tamra

Are my number too high already? When to start insulin?

I think I haven't opened my own thread here yet, although I find you people here most helpful (compared to other forums), by far. I've been…

Started by krisa

39 yesterday
Reply by niccolo

For Women w T1 - Question Regarding Infections

My daughter is a freshman in college & she went to a small school 5 hours from home. She just turned 18, diagnosed at 14 as a high scho…

Started by samsmom

28 on Thursday
Reply by Harmeet C

New retrospective data showed empagliflozin reduced A1C, body weight and markers of abdominal fat in adults with type 2 diabetes

See full press release HERE. RIDGEFIELD, Conn. and INDIANAPOLIS, November 17, 2014 – Empagliflozin tablets reduced hemoglobin A1C (a measu…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

0 on Tuesday

Infusion Set Site: Blood Beneath

So I have the tandem insulin pump and currently have a cannula attached to my left side. Today I noticed there is a bit of blood seeping in…

Started by DFresh

9 Nov 2
Reply by Anthony

Fatigue

Hi, I was diagnosed as a T2 in 2005. I will be 60 in November. A couple of months ago, I began taking Lantus and Novalog. Prior to that, my…

Started by kathimcb

10 Oct 1
Reply by kathimcb

Type2 Just Approved - Animas Ping

Hello! I am a type 2, who also has Cancer, and was approved for the Animas Ping. It will be shipped to me today and I'll get it Monday or T…

Started by jesikabeth

6 Sep 3
Reply by jesikabeth

Lows with Metformin and Novonorm?

I'm concerned about re-starting Novonorm again before meals. My morning readings have risen, as has my A1c to 8.1... Last time I was on it,…

Started by Vanessa

6 Aug 31
Reply by twinchick

Type 1/LADA, insulin resistance, and food allergies

I found this interesting article about how food allergies affect diabetes. It definitely hit home for me and I'm sure for a few others here…

Started by Kate

2 Aug 12
Reply by Kate

Can Bulimia trigger Type 2?

I have been wonder this for years. At the time of diagnosis of 'pre-diabetes' I was just starting recovery from severe Bulimia. I had been…

Started by jesikabeth

7 Aug 3
Reply by jesikabeth

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

World Diabetes Day at REALM Charter School

REALM Charter is a middle school full of amazing young people eager to learn about World Diabetes Day. Team DHF spent the day with over 300 students and taught them about the Big Blue Test and what they can do Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service