All Discussions Tagged 'type' (358)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Are my number too high already? When to start insulin?

I think I haven't opened my own thread here yet, although I find you people here most helpful (compared to other forums), by far. I've been…

Started by krisa

3 57 minutes ago
Reply by Brian (bsc)

How am I GAINING weight?

I've been watching what I eat, using Myfitnesspal app, and going to the gym (although am limited to what I can do because I recently hurt m…

Started by jesikabeth

28 on Sunday
Reply by 2hobbit1

Support Groups

I am wanting to get my son who is a 13 year old type one diabetic a support group. We are in Oklahoma. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Started by Abby

6 Jul 8
Reply by Marie B

Best Ways to Decrease Insulin Resistance?

So I figure less insulin, less money, less variation in daily blood sugars and less variation when calculating dosing (as long as I eat the…

Started by DFresh

18 Jul 2
Reply by BadMoonT2

Essential Oils - I was a skeptic until .....

I had several friends that started using essential oils earlier this year and even though I thought "that's great - glad it's working for t…

Started by Shannon

0 Jun 30

Year of Diagnosis

So I was diagnosed August 2012. I was thinking back to that time. I realized, I had 4-6 times earlier that year where I think I may have be…

Started by DFresh

5 Jun 14
Reply by Laddie

Speech problems ?

Hello! Do any of you have problems speaking when you are low? Slurred speech or tongue tied type of problems? I ALWAYS get that when I am l…

Started by KariC

19 Jun 12
Reply by Leah

Weight Training and Post-Workout Insulin

When doing some research concerning weight training, I came across some interesting information. Apparently, some hardcore weight training…

Started by DFresh

9 Jun 7
Reply by Diabetic Dad

Charity Ideas involving Diabetes?!

Hi. My local community of young people are trying to get our name out there in our community. We are donating to charities and our top one…

Started by Caren

1 Jun 1
Reply by Marie B

Sudden Basal Increase After Sickness

So, precursor, I'm new to a pump (got it last month). My pump has had a basal rate of .732 for a while now and its been going fine. On Mond…

Started by DFresh

5 May 29
Reply by Zoe

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

La Diabetes Hands Foundation y HelpAround uniendo las personas tocadas por la diabetes

Para nuestra comunidad de diabetes la tecnología ha venido a llenar muchos vacíos y a hacer de nuestras vidas un poco mas llevaderas. Eso mismo nos proporciona una nueva aplicación de geo-localización llamada HelpAround (Ayuda a tu alrededor). HA Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service