All Discussions Tagged 'type' (346)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Dear pup,

Oh pup, I remember when I first came on here about a year go and you introduced yourself right away. I remember thinking, "wow, she was SO…

Started by Caren

1 Jan 30
Reply by Jay :33

‘I call it the blame and shame disease’: A Qualitative Study About Perceptions of Social Stigma Surrounding Type 2 Diabetes

Abstract Objectives While health-related stigma has been the subject of considerable research in other conditions (obesity and HIV/AIDS), i…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

0 Jan 19

Weight Loss.

Yes, I know I'm young. But I am overweight. I lost about 15 lbs, but haven't notice much of a difference. I can't seem to lose anymore weig…

Started by Caren

12 Jan 10
Reply by artwoman

FDA Approves Farxiga to Treat Type 2 Diabetes

FDA Approves Farxiga to treat Type 2 DiabetesThe U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Farxiga (dapaglifozin) tablets to improve…

Started by Lorraine

0 Jan 8

A diabetes project...AND I NEED YOUR HELP!

A few weeks ago I came on here and talked about a kickstarter fundraising thing I was doing to get funding for a photo project involving di…

Started by TheDiabetesHero

2 Jan 8
Reply by Piscesyin

Going for insulin

First, thanks to those people who took the time to educate me on oral meds and insulin. I've done some additional homework, and found there…

Started by sdkate

27 Dec 27, 2013
Reply by jims

Misconceptions about Diabetes! Youtube videos

Hey, I'm Danica! I'm new to TuDiabetes but I'm excited to network with you guys! I just wanted to let anyone who is interested know that I…

Started by Danica

81 Dec 27, 2013
Reply by shoshana27

Lisinopril and Diabetic Nephropathy

Not seeing this in the forums so if there, please forgive the addition! About 10 or 12 years ago, a primary care doctor suggested low dose…

Started by Piscesyin

30 Dec 3, 2013
Reply by JiMMy

Diabetes Project

Hey all! Hope you're having a good day. So I'm a sophomore in college and I want to spread awareness of diabetes. I've decided to work with…

Started by simplydiabetes

0 Nov 25, 2013

Do the 911 Operators have a Glucagon Emergency Kit Script to help you do it?

I am going to leave my 7 year old daughter who has T1D with my dad over Thanksgiving weekend so we can go to a wedding. This will be the fi…

Started by Girl Glycosylated

13 Nov 25, 2013
Reply by Leah

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service