All Discussions Tagged 'type' (346)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Diabetes Heroes Day in SF Tomorrow, Nov17th@2pm

Join me and Manny Hernandez for Diabetes Heroes Day tomorrow in San Francisco at 2pm!! Here's the details: Diabetes Heroes Day in SF, Nov.1…

Started by Lisa Shenson

0 Nov 16, 2013

Newly Diagnosed: Insulin Weight Gain

Hi friends! My name is Audra. I'm a newly diagnosed Type 1 (diagnosed in May.) I wanted to see if any of you have experienced weight gain a…

Started by Audra Smith

11 Nov 13, 2013
Reply by CarrieJane

New T1 support group - Southern California -Yucaipa, San Bernardino County

I am getting ready to start a new support group for Type 1 diabetics + families. Location: Southern California--> Inland Empire --> Z…

Started by Biedronk

1 Nov 7, 2013
Reply by Melissa

Over 3 yrs after RNYGP & Going Strong!

I had the op in Hamilton, Ontario under OHIP program +3 yrs ago, best thing I ever did health-wise. Feel like I'm 30 years younger. A1C con…

Started by Grant Buchan-Terrell

0 Nov 6, 2013

Adult Stem Cells Could Hold Key to Cure Type 1 Diabetes

May 29, 2013 — Millions of people with type 1 diabetes depend on daily insulin injections to survive. They would die without the shots beca…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

13 Oct 30, 2013
Reply by Larry Fischer

Go straight to insulin?

Hello, I am a new member and have never posted. I just usually read through the forums. I was diagnosed with type 2 about 2 years ago at 31…

Started by ckurpiewski

87 Oct 29, 2013
Reply by Katy80K

Type 1, 8 Months Pregnant - Non-stress Testing

Hi! I just wanted to see if anyone else out there has been through the ringer with the non-stress-testing of the baby at the doctors. So fa…

Started by Rose

10 Oct 25, 2013
Reply by swisschocolate

How long can a type 1 go without insulin.

Hey folks, I was actually just wondering.   How long can a type 1 diabetic go without any insulin at all? I got diagnosed like 6 weeks ago,…

Started by Johnny Crouton

34 Sep 1, 2013
Reply by Trudy

Tylenol & CGM

My son is having surgery next week and will be given hydrocodone for pain relief. I know acetaminophen is contraindicated for the CGM and c…

Started by AustinMom

14 Aug 25, 2013
Reply by meee

Anyone been reading Peter Attia?

I discovered him recently and was absolutely delighted that I'm not alone in thinking that obesity is a symptom of T2/insulin resistance an…

Started by Hana Rous

53 Aug 10, 2013
Reply by Jag1

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service