Things Are Changing!

The migration of TuDiabetes has begun

Content created between now and the launch of our new site on April 20th will NOT be moved to that new home, but our community values and Terms of Service still apply during this time.We are not accepting new members during this transition period. If you want to join the TuDiabetes community please send an e-mail to TuDiabetesAdmin@gmail.com. We will send you an invitation to join after the migration is completed.

Read about the migration and see images of the new site!

All Discussions Tagged 'type' (393)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Chicago Area Research Study Type 1 Diabetes

We are looking for volunteers with type 1 diabetes who are between the ages of 18 and 40 years to participate in a research study at the Un…

Started by vanessa.hofer

2 Mar 26
Reply by Terry

All basal, no meal time insulin

Hi guys! I was diagnosed with Type 1 about a month and a half ago and a few weeks ago I started experiencing much more "normal" blood sugar…

Started by KBJ86

13 Mar 26
Reply by KBJ86

Question about cholesterol meds for a type 1???

So I have recently gone to a check up, and the doctor I saw didnt even let me explain everything about my condition, I am a TYPE 1 diabetic…

Started by Kary Noguerat

16 Feb 24
Reply by Susan Van Abs

Wine tasting - worst idea ever or doable?

OK, so my friend and I bought tickets for a wine tour a few weeks back, and since then, I was diagnosed with T1D. Really unfortunate timing…

Started by KBJ86

28 Feb 23
Reply by KBJ86

PUMP with CGM

Well here I am again just one year out from replacing my pump. At least now there is a choice. I see that the Animas Vibe has integrated CG…

Started by Timothy

21 Feb 23
Reply by Susan Van Abs

Anyone with T1 and Celiac have MORE trouble with control?

After being diagnosed with T1D, I was pretty proud of myself for getting my blood glucose well under control - my ratios were working, I wa…

Started by Shari

6 Feb 10
Reply by Lilli

Still a Type 2....Type Weird!

It has been a while since I have been on here.. Lot of problems in life specially recently. I was dx'd 5 years as a Type 2 even though I do…

Started by KimKat

32 Jan 26
Reply by KimKat

Are my number too high already? When to start insulin?

I think I haven't opened my own thread here yet, although I find you people here most helpful (compared to other forums), by far. I've been…

Started by krisa

45 Jan 11
Reply by pancreaswanted

Infusion Set Site: Blood Beneath

So I have the tandem insulin pump and currently have a cannula attached to my left side. Today I noticed there is a bit of blood seeping in…

Started by DFresh

10 Nov 25, 2014
Reply by elizabetta

How am I GAINING weight?

I've been watching what I eat, using Myfitnesspal app, and going to the gym (although am limited to what I can do because I recently hurt m…

Started by jesikabeth

35 Nov 23, 2014
Reply by biggrey

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Joins Diabetes Advocacy Alliance

Diabetes Hands Foundation is incredibly honored to join the Diabetes Advocacy Alliance, an organization with the drive and potential to affect a powerful, positive impact on diabetes and healthcare policy. Diabetes Advocacy Alliance is a 20-member coalition of leading professional Read on! →

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service