All Discussions Tagged 'type2' (71)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Type 2 - Started Afrezza Last Week

I know there are two other T1s here that are taking Afrezza, but I thought for those of you who don't frequent Reddit, Mnkd boards, or Twit…

Started by Pat

48 on Thursday
Reply by Prcgorman

the new levemir pen

I recently got a new prescription for levemir. It was different than the old pen design. The drum where you would "push" the plunger to del…

Started by Christalyn

12 Mar 17
Reply by Sam

Afrezza question, are we being hi jacked?

I am truely excited about the potential use of Afreza for both T1 and T2' but I am concerned about a recent post of a newly diagnosed T2 wi…

Started by Fraser

58 Mar 16
Reply by Elizabeth

SSI or SSDI (Social Security Disability)

Is there anybody on this form on SSI or SSDI for type 2 diabetes?

Started by missrobbie

21 Mar 6
Reply by furball64801

U.S. FDA approves first-in-class Glyxambi®(empagliflozin/linagliptin) tablets for adults with type 2 diabetes

Only prescription medication in U.S. to combine the dual mechanisms of action of SGLT2 and DPP-4 inhibitors to improve glycemic control as…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

0 Feb 2

Head in the Sand? Stunned.

Hi all I am new to this site and also newly diagnosed with type 2. I am also a total idiot I think, I cant believe I fell for the media rub…

Started by topcat35

16 Jan 29
Reply by Vancouversailor

Are we just completely ignorant about Type 2?

I was thinking about type 2 diabetes and conventional treatment. It really got me wondering: When did glucophage deficiency become a malady…

Started by Dave

26 Jan 25
Reply by Doug

starting insulin after 2 years

Hi Well after 2 years, we decided it's time to go to the next step. I have been taking Januvia and Metformin max amounts but my AIC has bee…

Started by Nancy Beneteau

18 Jan 20
Reply by Terry

Doctors/medical community don't care that Type 1s are misdiagnosed

For 18 years, I have tried to change the mindset that Type 1 diabetes is a childhood disease, and to get people with adult-onset Type 1 dia…

Started by Melitta

78 Jan 4
Reply by Melitta

Delayed Lows after Exercise

All, After hitting average BS over 180 and an 8.2 a1c, my doc upped my metformin from 1500mg to 2000mg per day and added 25mg glipizide per…

Started by jaxmeier

8 Dec 21, 2014
Reply by jaxmeier

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Joins Diabetes Advocacy Alliance

Diabetes Hands Foundation is incredibly honored to join the Diabetes Advocacy Alliance, an organization with the drive and potential to affect a powerful, positive impact on diabetes and healthcare policy. Diabetes Advocacy Alliance is a 20-member coalition of leading professional Read on! →

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service