All Discussions Tagged 'type2' (64)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Delayed Lows after Exercise

All, After hitting average BS over 180 and an 8.2 a1c, my doc upped my metformin from 1500mg to 2000mg per day and added 25mg glipizide per…

Started by jaxmeier

8 yesterday
Reply by jaxmeier

Reversing neuropathy in type 2 diabetics

I have had neuropathy for 6-1/2 years with diabetes probably for 10 years. My neuropathy is at moderate pain level with small fiber and lar…

Started by cdredbaron10

73 Dec 9
Reply by Sandy

Doctors/medical community don't care that Type 1s are misdiagnosed

For 18 years, I have tried to change the mindset that Type 1 diabetes is a childhood disease, and to get people with adult-onset Type 1 dia…

Started by Melitta

76 Dec 8
Reply by niccolo

Managing type 2 without meds or insulin

I was diagnosed with diabetes type 2 at the end of March of 1998 which makes it 16 years, 8 months and 2 weeks that I've been living with t…

Started by Vancouversailor

47 Dec 4
Reply by Vancouversailor

Invokana for Type 2...questions

Hi..I am 60 and have had Type 2 for 20 years. Over the past year or so, my blood sugar has been raging despite a pretty complete drug regim…

Started by Mike Jarboe

35 Nov 27
Reply by Jimi

Looking for information about Type 2 in the early 1970s

Greetings! I'm new to tudiabetes. I had gestational diabetes, so I guess that makes me pre-diabetic, and my mother had Type 2. But I'm her…

Started by Cyndie

4 Nov 26
Reply by Marie B

How am I GAINING weight?

I've been watching what I eat, using Myfitnesspal app, and going to the gym (although am limited to what I can do because I recently hurt m…

Started by jesikabeth

35 Nov 23
Reply by biggrey

More Proof that Low-Carb Diets Are Good

As if we needed any, right? I know it's been a long time since I last posted--medical school's insane. Yeah, I knew what I was getting myse…

Started by guitarnut

19 Nov 8
Reply by Sam

Has anyone been labeled type 1.5 (LADA), but type 2 could still be a possibility?

My endocrinologist has recently labeled by diabetes a type 1.5 (LADA). This was based on my C-Peptide test (0.66 out of range of normal 0.8…

Started by Chris W

8 Oct 24
Reply by Tim

Nutrition and exercise suggestions

I am a recently diagnosed T2D, and I also have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia. My other conditions limit my ability to exercise much…

Started by LauraLin

16 Oct 21
Reply by Kate

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service