All Discussions Tagged 'weight' (72)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How am I GAINING weight?

I've been watching what I eat, using Myfitnesspal app, and going to the gym (although am limited to what I can do because I recently hurt m…

Started by jesikabeth

30 Oct 17
Reply by mohe0001

Type 1 and Weight Loss

Hi folks... hope you can provide some guidance here... I am a 54yo M and have had T1D for 42 years. I've always kept in great shape and wor…

Started by Steve Mann

38 Sep 20
Reply by Mike Ratrie

Weight and BS control; carb amounts and the nutritionist,

I will admit I am a stubborn person when it comes to what I think I need and want. For Over 20 years I weight over 250 lbs. Even before my…

Started by sdkate

28 Sep 4
Reply by sdkate

Carb Question and Losing Weight?

Hi Everyone, how many carbs do you eat per day? I eat under 90 carbs a day (and 90 is a very high day) -- I usually average more like 45-60…

Started by jesikabeth

9 Sep 2
Reply by Negg

I WISH I HAD KNOWN...

I HAVE BEEN A DIABETIC FOR 6 YEARS. I overcame my own shock of my diagnosis. Learned about it so I could teach family members about it. A l…

Started by 1DebY

13 Aug 13
Reply by 1DebY

Dr. appt. lost 36 lbs. A1C 6.4 (still)--still won't go down--has to be the steroids

Hi all, sorry I've been off the radar lately. Life has gotten in the way--work, family, sick (RA), etc. Anyway, went to endo last Friday. H…

Started by Kate

37 Aug 1
Reply by mary

Let's Cool it in the Bedroom

(The New York Times) By GRETCHEN REYNOLDS July 17, 2014 Sleep is essential for good health, as we all know. But a new study hints that ther…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

1 Jul 21
Reply by meee

ataxia

About one year ago, I started noticing I was losing weight, in a kind of "wasting away" way. Then I started having a little trouble with ba…

Started by Diabetic Dad

7 Jul 21
Reply by Cyclinglady

insulin, weight gain and diabulimia

For many years my diabetes was completely out of hand. My blood sugars were way too high and totally out of control. I felt like I was on a…

Started by Gabrielle

30 Jul 14
Reply by Brian (bsc)

Relapse !

Been recovering from Diabulimia for almost 3 weeks now, but today Iate like nothing's changed. I'm not mad about today as much as I'm scare…

Started by Shalmen

4 Jul 11
Reply by Kathy

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service