All Discussions Tagged 'weight' (58)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Losing weight question (type 1)

I would love to shed a few pounds. I am not bad off, but turning 40 my metabolism changed and well, I have a stomach that needs flattening.…

Started by Weathernut

14 Jul 11, 2013
Reply by Weathernut

Type 1 - Can't seem to lose Weight! HELP!

Hi Everyone, I have been a type one Diabetic for about 16 years. I've been a pumper for about 10. Before I became a pumper, I would take a…

Started by TheQueenFIVE

30 May 8, 2013
Reply by beechbeard

Need a BG Detective - trying to lose fat

At 6:00 am this morning my BG was 132 before breakfast. There were 0 carbs in my breakfast (according to MyFitnessPal). I took 14 units of…

Started by beechbeard

19 May 8, 2013
Reply by beechbeard

Type 1 Diabetics using Metformin (or other Type 2 meds) for weight loss?

Hey all! I just saw my endo today and spoke with him about my 6 month-long, 1200-1500 calories/day diet that has only yielded about a 10-1…

Started by Nicolette

29 Apr 18, 2013
Reply by boulderbird

Type 1 & Medically Supervised Weight Loss (OptiFast)?

I will shortly be 63 with 42 years as a Type 1. My last A1c was 7.0 BUT quarter by quarter my weight has been increasing so that it is now…

Started by beechbeard

12 Apr 8, 2013
Reply by christy

New Type 1 (LADA)

Hello everyone! I am a 26 year old active and seemingly healthy woman who was recently diagnosed (about 2 months ago) as a LADA Type 1. My…

Started by Dianne

42 Mar 20, 2013
Reply by Annie

Omada Health Launches Prevent, A Groundbreaking Online Diabetes Prevention Program Designed to Combat Soaring Epidemic

PRESS RELEASE Prevent is an online group program based on the landmark DPP clinical trial that showed diabetes can be prevented through lif…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

0 Dec 13, 2012

Losing weight and using insulin

I have never really had a body issue. I have always been curvier and have been ok with it until recently I feel like I have blown up like a…

Started by Dkinsey

12 Nov 5, 2012
Reply by Josephine A Ni Dhomhnaill

UCSF SUCCEED Study of Overweight Adults with Type 2 Diabetes

SUCCEED Study The UCSF Osher Center seeks overweight adults with type II diabetes for a diet and wellness study. Are you ready to make long…

Started by Emily Coles

2 Sep 12, 2012
Reply by Cosumne Jan

Just diagnosed, concerned about gaining weight back due to insulin. so confused

I was diagnosed with diabetes type 1 this week. I lost a lot of weight before my diagnosis (about 15-20 lbs) I was borderline overweight be…

Started by hk62

10 Jul 14, 2012
Reply by meee

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service