All Discussions Tagged 'weight' (58)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Life for me has changed dramatically

Since switching from Humalog to APIDRA http://www.apidra.com/ I have lost over 35lbs and no longer have any edema, I use no Lasix at all.…

Started by Peter Schroebel

7 Mar 10, 2010
Reply by Jacky

Fat Lantus

Has anyone solved the issue of weight gain with Lantus? I heard that splitting your dose in two instead of just one shot at night could hel…

Started by dino

81 Feb 27, 2010
Reply by Brigitte

How to lose weight with T1D, Hypoglycemia unawareness AND Hypothyroidism.

hi every one.I have always been a skinny girl,usually I am 53-50,being tall and all,with 168cm height,then before Dx. ,I weighed only 49 ki…

Started by Asma

11 Feb 27, 2010
Reply by Asma

Knee replacement surgery -- Type II

I am a type II diabetic, supposedly controlled by diet, exercise and metformin and amaryl.I write those in dark letters because I always se…

Started by Cathy Jacobson

8 Feb 1, 2010
Reply by Cathy Jacobson

Low GI breakfast and weight loss

Found this info and thought I would share. http://caloriecount.about.com/blog/partners/fight-fat-breakfast-b374821?utm_source=newsletter&a

Started by barbraann

1 Jan 13, 2010
Reply by The Diabetic Welfare Queen

Gastric Bypass or Laparoscopic Gastric Band

I have an upcoming appointment with my Endro on July 2nd. Almost every visity my endro asks me if I have concidered to have Gastric Bypass…

Started by Chadd

4 Sep 28, 2009
Reply by Michelle

Can't lose weight!!

So, I have been a diabetic since 1985 and a pump user for the past year. I quit smoking 5 years ago and immediately put on 30 pounds. I hav…

Started by Kelly

3 Aug 26, 2009
Reply by Marps

Weight loss suggestions

Since my diagnosis and starting insulin I've put on 6 pounds. Not a lot but more than I want. So I'm planning on starting a diet as I want…

Started by Elizabeth

1 Aug 2, 2009
Reply by nel

Weight Loss Retreat for T2 Women

I wanted to make you aware of a program that sounds like it could be a great opportunity for some of the members of our site. It is a week-…

Started by Emily

4 Apr 20, 2009
Reply by Blackmajik Womban

Type 1 - Losing weight by counting calories

Since being diagnosed with type1 diabetes 2 years ago, I have gained about 50lbs. Ick. I have read a lot about insulin and weight gain, an…

Started by Kristen

2 Apr 10, 2009
Reply by Bjørn

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service