All Discussions Tagged 'weight' (67)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ketones - Are they Bad?

Once again, I am hoping to spark some discussion surrounding Ketones, and Ketogenic Diets in particular. I know DKA is bad. What do you kno…

Started by Trev

5 Feb 9, 2011
Reply by Tom T

Wearing a pump during heavy weight training and high intensity cardio?

I was going to put this as a discussion in my group, but I thought this was a better general discussion. So what's the standard protocol fo…

Started by SuFu, Ph.D.

5 Feb 4, 2011
Reply by Tom T

Keeping a carb journal

It's been a long time since I actually kept a journal of menus, food, recipes, bg's etc. But I find that I am slipping in my numbers and my…

Started by Cathy Jacobson

22 Jan 22, 2011
Reply by picklebird

Weight Gain After Type 1 Diagnosis

Hi, My daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes on Nov 29, right after Thanksgiving. She is 5' 7" and weighed 125 before the diagnosis.…

Started by samsmom

41 Jan 10, 2011
Reply by djl

T1 Sudden weight gain - 10+ lbs in 2 weeks?

Hey all, My wife and I are prepping to get her A1c down enough to start trying to conceive--it went up in the past 3 months from 7.5 to 9.1…

Started by BenJamminSF

18 Nov 17, 2010
Reply by Kelly WPA

Can your A1C be TOO low?

Just a technical question I guess but I need guideline for future..with some description of my situation.   My latest A1C was 4.9 this was…

Started by KimKat

37 Sep 8, 2010
Reply by KimKat

Diabetes Cookbook for Canadians for Dummies: an interview with the author

Ian Blumer, MD, of the Charles H. Best Diabetes Center in the greater Toronto area, recently co-wrote Diabetes Cookbook for Canadians for D…

Started by Franklin

10 Sep 6, 2010
Reply by Gerri

Weight loss

I'm trying to lose some pounds and inches. I exercise intensely. My program includes,cardio,core and weigth training.I have heard that insu…

Started by Peter Germano

64 May 24, 2010
Reply by Kelstyr

Edema with Humalog, there maybe an answer.

I recieved the following message and it is so important I felt compelled to post it.   "ya thats the crazy thing, my teacher is the one who…

Started by Peter Schroebel

0 Mar 13, 2010

Life for me has changed dramatically

Since switching from Humalog to APIDRA http://www.apidra.com/ I have lost over 35lbs and no longer have any edema, I use no Lasix at all.…

Started by Peter Schroebel

7 Mar 10, 2010
Reply by Jacky

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

A Snapshot: Diabetes In The United States

An infographic explaining the most recent CDC diabetes figures, released in June 2014.

Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of the Diabetes Hands Foundation?

Facing Diabetes Together Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of  the Diabetes Hands Foundation? When you make a gift to the Diabetes Hands Foundation you help people with diabetes make positive changes in their lives. We believe that no Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service