All Discussions Tagged 'women' (14)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Women Celebrating and Cycling Together to Stop Diabetes

The American Diabetes Association Kicks Off their Tour Women’s Series Alexandria, VA (July 8, 2014) - The American Diabetes Association kic…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

0 Jul 16

methods of wearing a pump with a dress/skirt

i try clipping it onto the top of my skirt and putting my skirt over it but then i either get a random weird awkward block sticking out or…

Started by CozyD

38 Jun 29
Reply by donna

Blood Glucose Control and Menstrual Cycle

Anyone else have a wide range of glucose control over the course of a month? I just figured out this may be related to my hormones (actuall…

Started by CQJ

4 Feb 13
Reply by CQJ

DIABETESSISTERS’ Weekend For Women Conference May 3-5 Raleigh NC

DIABETESSISTERS’ WEEKEND FOR WOMEN CONFERENCE GIVES NEW MEANING TO TRANSFORMING WOMEN’S LIVES May 3-5, 2013 in Raleigh, NC RALEIGH, NC– Dia…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

1 Apr 14, 2013
Reply by Marie B

What Paul Ryan Thinks of Me……

The issues in this election are vital to us as a community of diverse folks with The D. I believe we should discuss it. Dearly beloved Admi…

Started by Judith

104 Aug 23, 2012
Reply by smileandnod

Catholic Women With Type 1 Diabetes Practicing Natural Family Planning

I was wondering if there were any women with type 1 who are using NFP to avoid and plan their pregnancies and what your experiences were. I…

Started by Elizabeth S.

4 Aug 8, 2012
Reply by Elizabeth S.

Great new peer-ship and mentoring program for women with diabetes, by DiabetesSisters!

VANCOUVER, BC and DURHAM, NC – 12.6 million, or 10.8% of all American women aged 20 years or older have diabetes. Most of these women do no…

Started by Emily Coles

4 Nov 17, 2011
Reply by Emily Coles

Neuropathy? Heart issues?

After experiencing pains that feel like a pulse in my chest and back lasting less than a minute, I have had two echocardiagrams and 2 EKGs…

Started by Sara

22 Oct 6, 2011
Reply by Sp!tf!re

(Women and Diabetes Question) Period Problems?

I have always had trouble with my blood sugar leading up to and during my period. The only way I have ever found to solve this problem is t…

Started by Rebecca

6 Mar 18, 2011
Reply by Sarah Kay

Weight Loss Retreat for T2 Women

I wanted to make you aware of a program that sounds like it could be a great opportunity for some of the members of our site. It is a week-…

Started by Emily

4 Apr 20, 2009
Reply by Blackmajik Womban

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

A Snapshot: Diabetes In The United States

An infographic explaining the most recent CDC diabetes figures, released in June 2014.

Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of the Diabetes Hands Foundation?

Facing Diabetes Together Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of  the Diabetes Hands Foundation? When you make a gift to the Diabetes Hands Foundation you help people with diabetes make positive changes in their lives. We believe that no Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service