We are on the verge of breaking the 20,000 member mark just passed 20,000 members on TuDiabetes! It's been a little over four years since we started on this beautiful journey... yet it seems like it was yesterday.

One of the most special moments in the history of the community was the Word In Your Hand project, which first took place in the second half od 2007.

A few weeks ago, we received a very special gift from Marie B, one of our admins, who put in a ton of time to creating the amazing Word In Your Hand quilt you see below (for those of you attending the Friends For Life conference in Florida next month, it will be exhibited there).

Today, as I look back, I wonder once more: what is your word? What word best describes what diabetes has meant to you? Or perhaps you'd rather share a word that describes what TuDiabetes has meant for you?

Tags: 20000, WIYH, members, milestone, quilt

Views: 177

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was very honored to be asked to have my word put on the quilt. DETERMINED I am determined to deal with this disease the best that I can. Not to feel guilty or depressed, but to be determined to succeed in having a healthy life as best I can.
Tu- friendship and family I think of the people on this site as my second family. If I can do anything to help people or to support them when they are feeling low, then I am happy.
My gift
diabetes has meant heartache foe me.

TUDiabetes has meant balm for my soul.

Lois
My word about my son's diabetes after two years would be "Challenge" a constant challenge to keep his blood glucose in range and his pump settings optimal. My word about TuDiabetes is "Hopeful" we are hopeful that with so many people facing the same challenges day to day there will be a cure soon!
Revelation
My word (on the quilt) for diabetes is "vulnerable," but my word for TuDiabetes the community is - without a doubt - "HOME."

Congratulations, you wonderful old social network. I can't believe you're 20,000 strong (and growing)!
How many of this 20,000 are relatively active members?
How appropriate that the quilt was completed right in time with hitting the 200000+ mark. My word for what TuDiabetes means to me is Empowerment -- in that it is a source of support, hope, possibilities, and community. My word for hitting 20,000 -- WooHoo! My word on the quilt is Courage.
I was so honored to be included in this quilt. Marie is a fabulous quilter with a BIG heart. THANKS to her for her enduring efforts; and Thanks to Tudiabetes for being an outlet, a source of support, and an information-bearer for 20,000 members!!
My word was "Faith"; and I continue to have faith that Tudiabetes will grow in scope, influence, and membership.

Like Robyn, I am also "Grateful":Thanks to you Manny, site administrators and to ALL who have helped the sun to shine at this most special site.

God Bless,
Brunetta
understanding
Awesome news!!!

My word on the hand is "managing" because diabetes is not easy, but somehow we do manage. TuDiabetes has been my greatest support in this!!
Change

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service