As some of you may have noticed, we have been busy tonight putting together some ideas we have been working to improve the overall functionality, look and feel of our community's site.

New Home Page

Our one-year old homepage design turned the visual experience somehow monotonous with occasionally too much text and links, and not as much emphasis on visuals, as we would like to start having on the second year of TuDiabetes.com online.

Previous Home Page

So, we figured it made perfect sense, to give a delayed birthday present to all of us. Recently Ning (the platform where our community is running) launched some new features so we took the chance to make some important changes on the layout and navigation of our home page. If we need an excuse, Spring is in the air, and it just made perfect sense to update and refresh our color scheme as well.

Please let us know how do you like the new design.

-Do you miss anything from our previous one?
-Would you change or add anything else?

Your feedback and experience is very valuable to us, after all TuDiabetes is here for the sake of its members!

Enjoy

Tags: design, features, fresh, layout, new, redesign, second, tudiabetes, year

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for your work to make this happen, Andre!! LOVE YOU!!! :D
I think the new color scheme gives the site a light airy feeling. It feels welcoming.
ACK!!!! how autistic of me:( I totally dislike the green color. sorry.... I'm not against new colors. Just this one isnt too friendly to me. I'm having a very hard time with the subtitle colors. I thought it was my settings. I tried to change it quickly!
I'm lost. I cant seem to find my way. It will be like going to a new city and being dropped blindfolded without a map or friendly face for me.
I look for the three hands at the top of the page everytime I come here. It's my welcome home sign... like knowing that when you come home the first thing I see as I walk in the door is familiar....
I guess I cant really discribe how I feel. May I ask you to see things from an "autistic side" my inability to transition is great. I feel like I got kicked in the gut/sick feeling.
I'm sorry. I know that this doesnt change the family that is here. I feel sad. I'm a child out of sync. It will take me months to adjust to this sudden change.
Meadowlark..... in silent tears.
WOA, MeadowLark!

I am sorry it feels this way to you. We will continue to collect some more feedback to see how we go about your comments.

Take care, amiga.
Thankyou Manny,
I just totally freaked out. I feel nervous coming back in. I'm glad the new posts are close to the top. I changed my "MyPage" in great efforts to find a way to make it more comfy before I realized it was a permanent change. I thought something was wrong with the site.Then I saw the change post. I felt so scared,insecure etc... "kicked in the gut"
Thankyou for making the green a darker blue/green:) I'm so greatful for my family here that sees me thru my fears and frustrations. This is the only place I go to for support. sigh... my doctor says that I just need to lose weight and do aerobics. Only here does anyone understand my crazy high numbers and normal numbers during the day. Only here do people just over look my difficulties in making transitions.
I'm sorry I blew all my frustrations out so fast. I told my hubby about it and showed him the post I did. ugh. I really messed up.
I hope you can forgive me.
MeadowLark
Hi Meadowlark,
I don't see that there is anything to forgive. Manny has made this site so that each of us can say how we truly feel. It wouldn't be "home" without it. I send my hugs to you who has sent so many to me. Please don't feel bad.
Like Saudra said well:
There is no need to apologize, amiga.

We asked for feedback because we welcome it. :D

Take care. Big hug!
Looks great Andreia! Well done!
I like the format of the new page but I am not too crazy about the color.That would be the only thing I would change.Maybe an emerald green.
morning!
love love love the new look.... except for... the green. just because i don't like that color. I agree with Dee. an emerald green would look real nice.

also i miss the hands also... any way that they could be to the left of the new logo, because i love the size of the logo.

landileigh
Hey manny,

I think you need the shaded breaks between the categories of the site because it all just looks jumbled together, i have to agree with everyone else on the color not crazy about that green.
Yes!

Moving the forums closer to the top is an excellent move. People with slower connections won't have to scroll through slowly loading graphics to get there.

I don't know why the members photos are second - is there some significance to this section? Does it show who's on-line? who posts most frequently? is it random. It's not making a lot of sense to me.

How about moving the Groups closer to the top as well?

Well done. We appreciate your hard work.

Terry

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

#WalkWithD: Making MORE Sense of Diabetes

A few years ago, we at Diabetes Hands Foundation reached out to the members on TuDiabetes and asked them to share their perspective of life with diabetes through one of the five senses, as part of an initiative called Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service