I was diagnosed with type 1

November 25, 2000

What about you?

Tags: date, diagnosis, twins

Views: 387

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was diagnosed October 23, 2002. Initially, type 2 (wrong diagnosis). I am type 1.5.
we're almost twins! I was dxn october 24th- the day before my 27th birthday with LADA.
I completely missed that you're October 23rd. I am too, just 24 years earlier!
what is a type 1.5 (new to this diabetic lingo thing
My daughter Olivia was diagnosed June 12th, 2007
I was June 8 2007. We're close to twins.
December 16, 2004
Same as Manny was diagnosed type 2 but was diagnosed about 3 months ago with type 1.5
July 21, 2003

(my five year diabirthday is coming up!)
I was ten days and a year behind you ... July 31, 2004!
i was diagnosed sometime in 2004. when the doctor told me i was T2 and would have to take a couple of pills a day. it was like, ok, so what. so i couldn't tell you what day it was. now if you were to ask me what day my husband left me i could tell you. may 25th 2006. i guess my priorities were a little screwed. i have a different doctor now, plus i have found this site and have learned that it's more then ok, so what.
T2, July 16, 2002 (fasting blood glucose, put on ADA diet crossed with low-sodium diet). Officially told, and started on Glucotrol XL, July 21, 2002. For some reason, though, "July 12" keeps sticking in my brain.
Hi Gina, what do you mean by the title to this thread? Lol!

I was dx Type 1 on Sept 15, 1945. In the late 1990'2 I developed insulin resistance, a symptom of Type 2. I am now a "double diabetic" with both Type 1 and Type 2.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service