I received reimbursement from BCBS of MI (MICHLD) for sensors I purchased last year. It wasn't really too hard either, strangly. I sent in the forms for reimbursement. They denied due to lack of prescription. I faxed a copy over and about a month later I got a check and a letter saying it was approved.

Tags: bcbs, cgms, coverage

Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

D*mn it. *laughs* We just left them when my husband switched jobs in April.
Wow! Great! Hope this is a trend :)
Glad that you got BCBS to pay. I'm having to appeal a denial for the 72 hr CGMS that I just did. They are saying that they are refusing to pay because it was not "medically necessary". BTW, I'm in NC and was told they would pay for the CGMS but am finding out differently now.
Would you be so kind as to have a private talk with me regarding your insurance coverage. I also have BCBS (State of MI retiree) and have been submitting and being rejected for almost 12 months now for the CGM. However, I have not had the courage to just purchase and submit -- I have been trying for prior approval.
Kathy - I can help you - call me please.
Awesome. If you havent already, Sign the CGMS petition http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/CGMSdenial/
Already signed it Gina. Hope my signature helps.
Cin, i hope so too. all we can really do is hope! it has 1114 signatures now!!
I actually signed it before I had coverage. :)
Michelle Thanks!
Michelle, What forms did you fax off? I have a prescription and it was denied according to three pharmacies. Was told Walgreens would put thru...wrong. So tried one other as well as my regular small town pharmacy. No luck. As a newly diagnosed diabetic I am testing six times a day. Would love a little help from BCBS to whom I pay over 500.00 a month (for just my insurance). Thanks
Actually I faxed a copy of the prescription. The orginial form I submitted was an all in one envelope kind of thing. I think this is the title, "Member Application for Payment Consideration". In all actuality all I sent was receipts with this form. The only denial was due to lack of prescription, which was remedied when I faxed that along with my receipts again with my new claim number.

Before getting that form everything I sent seemed tp be ignored.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service