I have been having a real tough time find snacks during the day that won't send my levels through the roof. I am also kind of a picky eater so it makes it that much harder to find something that is good for me and I enjoy. I know that I could always compensate with insulin but I would like to keep that to a minimum. So, I post this question out to everyone:

What is your Favorite Snack food?
Nutritional info
Prep Time
Any other info

Looking forward to getting a lot of ideas from everyone so please post what you like.

- Chris

Tags: 1, Blood, Carbs, Diabetes, Information, Nutritional, Snacks, Sugar, Type

Views: 156

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Favorite snacks:
- berries, any kind
- almost any other kind of fruit
- raw veggies and fat-free dip
- Wasa crackers with low-fat laughig Cow cheese
- an oz of low-fat cheese, a few olives and a small glass of red wine
- popcorn, seasoned with cumin or chili or dill or...
- fat-free yogurt
- half a sandwich
- salad (marinated veggie, or pasta or greens)
- 1/2 pita cut in wedges with hummus

There are lots more - sometiems just leftovers, but a small portion. I keep my snacks between 50 and 150 calories.
Oh another I love is Turkey Pepperoni. 12 slices = 80 calories, 4 g fat, 9 g protein can't remember the carbs but it's very low. LOTS of sodium though.
Pickles - "free" esentially
fried beans and rodeo biscuits..

Everything is a diabetic snack for me!!!! Just everything in moderation.....
Olives, dill pickles, beef or turkey jerky, string cheese, nuts, celery with cottage cheese or ranch dip, dill pickles rolled in cream cheese and ham...Happy snacking!
Anything can be a snack. my favotes are dried fruit with nuts, yogut, cheese. I like humus with carrots. Mushrooms are another favorite.
I'm Japanese, this is my favorite low carb, high nutrition snack.

Hiyayakko

Ingredients:
1/2 block silk tofu

Toppings:
Dried bonito flakes (katsuobushi)
Chopped green onion
Grated ginger
Soy sauce
Hot mustard

Preparation:
Cut tofu in half. Serve tofu in individual bowls. Put grated ginger, dried bonito flakes, and chopped green onion on top of tofu as much as you like. Pour on some soy sauce before eating. Put some hot mustard on the side.

(Hot mustard: 2 Teaspoons Colman's mustard flour, water. Mix a little water with mustard to make a paste. Serve with Hiyayakko.)

About 5g carbs, 9g fat, 15g protein; per serving.
I like sugar free Jello and cool whip. Also pig skins and salsa
I do no carb/low carb

I do eat mixed nuts when I get home in the evenings
Raw Coconut Water in the Shell~ sooo good with electroyltes and only 10 carbs for an entire one.
Exotic and Delicous!
Cottage Cheese with Sriracha

Recipe: Grab cottage cheese, dump in bowl, grab Sriracha, squirt on cheese, grab spoon, eat.

Nutrition Info: 1 cup serving (man sized), 206 calories, 9 g fat, 7 g carbs, 23 g protein.
Prep time: 14.5 seconds
Other info: Don't get Sriracha in you eye, trust me on this.

Some one mentioned CarbMasters Yogurt. What nation wide grocery store can this be found?

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service