Hello everybody...Two days ago was my diabetes birthday...and I'am so upset...maybe it's normal...sometimes I feel I could live with diabetes trying to do my best..but sometimes I feel so unhopeful...since I am diabetic I am really moody and I think it's really difficult to stay with me..at the same time I can't explain my feelings to someone who is healthy...Most of the times they answer me there's something worst... yes for sure...but I feel alone...does anybody feel the same? sorry if I made mistakes....

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Elena,
I have written up two messages to you on your page, but each time i send them I lose therm. I don't know where they are going, but if two show up somewhere and they look a lot alike you will know I messed it up.
You are very welcome Elena. I am so very glad you are here with us. I was so irritable yesterday and my youngest daughter recognized it and is taking me shoe shopping tomorrow. She said we are going to several stores and then to lunch before I go see my kidney doc in the afternoon. That sure puts a smile on my face. She needs a pair for work, but i will be looking at anythng and everything. It doesn't matter that i won't buy anything, just to go is enough. I sure hope you get a chance to go out and do something just for fun. I didn't get a chance to go ride the little dirt go carts this year, but am always open to a new temptation. My kids love to go flying by me and tease me about going too slow. What do you like to do for fun.? You have obviously been keeping good control of your blood sugars, but we still have emotional swings. I hope your day goes well for you and i hope you come up with an idea to do somethng fun for you too. Wicked works too. A big hug to you and blessings as well.
I often feel very alone. I really don't have any good friends that are also diabetic. Diabetes has thrown alot of curve balls in my life to say the least. In the past I had such severe lows that my wife threatened to leave me if I didn't get my hypos under control. She couldn't bear to live with the daily trauma (that topic is still a sore issue in my life). I'm now on a pump and things are going a lot better. It's a daily struggle and it would be more helpful for me if I had someone there who could sincerely empathize with me. I love this site; it's provided some personal support for me.
I know what you're going through Elena...... I go through the same thing myself.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MasterLab through the eyes of the community

The Diabetes Hands Foundation would like to thank everyone for attending the diabetes advocates MasterLab on July 2nd 2014. MasterLab was about building a sense of what is possible and designed to give advocates a chance to learn from veteran Read on! →

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service