I used to until very recently, but I was going through the medicine cabinet and realized it had already expired (I won't even say how OLD it was...)

I just wonder, with paramedics being a phone call away (in case of emergency), what do you guys think about having glucagon at home.

Tags: glucagon

Views: 162

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have not read all the responses so excuse me if I repeat what others have said. We carry one with us at all times, and I have a few in the house.

Also, paramedics don't carry glucagon. I was on the scene of a driver that was having a low seizure and the ambulance came. They were trying to sweeze glucose gel into his mouth! After I saw that I KNEW I had to have it with us at all times.
Was just given a script for one with instructions to carry on my person 24/7 as a result of recurrent hypos which are becoming significantly difficult to detect.
Recetly diagnosed with CKD...my dietary restrictions have seemed somewhat more complicated & persoanlly I am having alot of problems getting a grip.
I keep one in my purse, in my sons room , the kitchen and the entertainment room. Also have one for the school.
Actually a good reason for having one on your person....the last episode I had that required emergencies technician..the newbie was unable to insert the iv properly;;;may NOT have been necessary had I had the kit at that time. My arms/veins were a complete mess.
I think everyone should have one.. I've got a fridge in my room where I keep it and every 6 months I have a clean out of my supplies.. Always check dates etc. You never know when you might need it, paramedics could take a few seconds to many..

Thank fully I have a sister whos a nurse and she managed administer it for me, when I had an episode.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

#WalkWithD: Making MORE Sense of Diabetes

A few years ago, we at Diabetes Hands Foundation reached out to the members on TuDiabetes and asked them to share their perspective of life with diabetes through one of the five senses, as part of an initiative called Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service