Just joined the group and very new to diabetes. I would be very interested in hearing from anyone who has tried the herb gymnema and/or tried a raw food lifestyle. I have been raw in the past and find it really makes me feel good but now I have been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes I am too scared to go back to a completely raw food diet, even though i feel it may help control the diabetes.

Views: 229

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don'y know how old your mom is but with elderly folks it is really important to see how they are doing on medication and to check for drug interactions. My dad is 92 and was on BP medication and a statin to lower his cholesterol. The statin was causing confusion and memory loss and when he was hospitalized at Christmas for an infection, his BP was 90 over 60. No wonder he was weak and dizzy. He stopped taking the statin and reduced his BP meds and is feeling much better.
thanks libby my mom is actually only 46
I never knew that they give bp pill to help maintain kidneys. Thanks for the info. She was having very hard heartbeats and so they gave her metoprolol. But they never explained anything about them. Or if it interacts with insulin. We noticed that insulin also causes her to have rapid heartbeats.Which is why we are trying to look into gymnema pills.

Does anyone else have anything like that? My mom is on humalog and lantus.
I am also on Humalog and Lantus and do notice slightly more rapid heartbeats very occasionally after dosing my Humalog. I want to say that it is after a correction dose of a few units.....it is not often or strong enough for me to have payed a lot of attention.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service