Ok - good idea, starting a discussion that is.

How about "Getting to know US!"

First question might be, "How long have you been pumping?"

Second question, "Where do you live? (state, country, whatever)"

My answers:

1 - 3 months

2 - New Hampshire

Views: 324

Replies to This Discussion

I Wally Mulgrave have been pumping for 3 years♠
question 1: 8 years
question 2: Georgia (USA)
Well my HMO Medicare Blue heatlh plan let me down. They told me that they will not cover a continuous glucose monitor. They told me that Medicare does not cover the device and they follow Medicare benefits. I am now getting together the information required to file an appeal with BC/BS.
Hi Colleen,

I have had D1 for 48 yrs. I spent my 8th birthday in the hospital being diagnosed in 1962. after being in a coma for 5 days. I am originally from Manchester, NH but am living in Arizona since 1992. I am married with 4 children, 3 girls 1-boy, ages 20 yrs to 37 years old , 4 grandchildren all girls, aged 2 yr to 11 yrs. My one boy is very precious. I have been very lucky that no offspring have Diabetes. There actually is no history on either my mothers side. nor my fathers side. It is pretty amazing. I have been on the OmniPod for 1 month and absolutely love the freedom it has given me! Yeah...NO MORE SHOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow - Manchester! I'll send you snow photos and you can try not to laugh... (I'm in Meredith).
I love pumping also -
I live in Roanoke, VA and have been pumping since April 2007.
I student taught in Roanoke, many - many years ago. Haven't been back in years . You live in a beautiful place!
Hi Everyone I've been pumping for just over a year now, since August '09. I've had diabetes since May 1960 which adds up to a long, long 50 years! I live by the sea in Northern Ireland but I'm originally from Manchester UK.
Hello ! I am Kevin Walls 62 yrs young, and I have been on the MM Pump and CGM for 2 months although a Diabetic for over 12 years on shots.

I am semi retired Manufacturing Consultant originally from Hamlin, NY now living in Willow Spring. NC.

I am an amateur weather enthusiast. (http://www.marwall.com/weather/Weather.htm) with my own station etc. I also do some website design and maintenance when I am not traveling on business.

The MM Pump has done so much for my life that I cannot express. My BG is down to a 122 Avg, Insulin Use down by 28%, A1C stable and dropping, I feel Great !

I believe that TUdiabeties and the wonderful people that use this site is the positive drive that pushed me over to get the pump once my Endo asked me to consider it. I also believe that Forums etc are critical to sharing our experiences, questions ( NONE are STUPID !)

It was my Insurance Company (Can you believe that ! ) that recommended that I also get the CGM if my Endo would approve.

Please share with others the Good !, The Bad !, The Ugly ! and solutions you have found to these conditions.
I've been pumping for so long I can't remember when I started. More than 20 years though. Started with the now discontinued CPI pump. Have used Mini-Med for years and years and upgraded through 3 pumps now.
I lived in NJ for 18 yrs, Florida for 34 years and now Henderson, NV (just outside Las Vegas).
I wouldn't want to live without my pump. It's made a significant difference in delaying the complications of having diabetes for over 43 years.
I've been pumping over 15 years, can't be exact. I live in Schaumburg, a suburb of Chicago and see an endocrinologist at Loyola. On insulin 52 years. Doing pretty well, A1C, etc but would like to exercise a little more and do have hypo unawareness. Test about 12-15 times a day. Volunteer as a court watcher and with a Domestic violence agency. Had gasteoparesis but seem to have overcome it, with the help of a good gastroenterologist. What do you senior pumpers do to increase exercise,(I walk about a mile a day,) w/o lows?
I live in Santa Clara, CA and have been pumping since 2000. I was diagnosed with diabetes in 1964 at the age of 12.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

La Diabetes Hands Foundation y HelpAround uniendo las personas tocadas por la diabetes

Para nuestra comunidad de diabetes la tecnología ha venido a llenar muchos vacíos y a hacer de nuestras vidas un poco mas llevaderas. Eso mismo nos proporciona una nueva aplicación de geo-localización llamada HelpAround (Ayuda a tu alrededor). HA Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service