Drum Roll please!!!!!

5.5 Yay!!!!!! I am super excited, even with a few really bad days when I first went on my pump. I still averaged around 111 BG and hit 5.5 with my A1c.

Views: 168

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gotta love internet on our phones!

It's time for everyone in the audience to stand up and yell,,, YAY Christy

Thanks everyone! It's great to share this with those that get it. Haha told my hub and um lets just say medical stuff goes in one ear and out the other and he's like is that good...Im like UM its freaking fantastical. Sheesh lol.

That's funny. I'm constantly explaining to my husband our son's D management and new things I've learned here, because he's doesn't have the time to really be involved and he's just not "mom". Hip Hip Hooray on your A1C, very diligent work to get it. Had to change a lot of settings on son's pump, he had gone up to 6.5, hormones threw us a curve ball and a big growth spurt too, almost as tall as his dad now.

Those hormones and growth spurts are rough. How old is your son?

16 next month, as teens go, he's gave us no problems at all, yet, I guess. Mostly straight A's, honors classes and isn't pushing the limits. Great kid, if I do say so myself. His little brother, 5, pushes the boundaries hourly. He at 16, I'll probably be wearing wigs for lack of hair! Love them both to death, but sooo different.

Awe that's great. I have a 16 year old too, luckily not dealing with diabetes with him. He's a pretty good kid too, but like a lot of kids that age lol if u don't keep on him, he wont get anything done. Yet if its the hottest release video game, he'll be the most energetic, enthused kid ever. Oh I wish he'd apply at least a portion of that energy and enthusiasm into his school work, He does ok, but if he just pushed himself just a tinybit, he really could be getting pretty much all A's as well.

That's funny about your 5 year old, funny how kids can be so different.

I'm glad to hear you two discussing this as I am constantly going nutso w/ the 13 year old.

It's gotta be karma kicking me in the hind parts. Paying me back for all the "bad" stuff I did at that age, lol.

Christy, ha ha, peas in pod, son's a gamer too, no "M" games allowed though, the 5 year old already sees too much! I just nod a lot and agree it's cool. AR, hang in there, I gave my parents a run for there money too, I think girls are a little harder to rein in, they are so emotional at that age! I get snippiness with Nate at times, and then when he's had enough of his brother.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

A Snapshot: Diabetes In The United States

An infographic explaining the most recent CDC diabetes figures, released in June 2014.

Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of the Diabetes Hands Foundation?

Facing Diabetes Together Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of  the Diabetes Hands Foundation? When you make a gift to the Diabetes Hands Foundation you help people with diabetes make positive changes in their lives. We believe that no Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service