I have two adorable beagles. who love to chew things.  This past weekend they got ahold of my  meter case, and totally ripped the zipper up.  I know that they make really neat looking cases, but don't have that kind of money to spend....so I went looking. What could I use to hold my meter and strips and lancet in that wouldn't cost a lot of bucks?????

I tried a makeup bag, not enough padding, a small purse, that's just another thing to put in my big bag.
One of the clerks suggested a small camera case. They are padded very well, and if you only need to carry those three things, they are perfect. I found a nice blue one, with enough room for my journal, also.
AND the price was right, for only $6.00, I got  a new bag and it's smaller than the old one. YIPEE.

My question or idea is, what alternative items do you use with your D to keep things interesting?  Or alternative ways of thinking about your D, we can always use new ideas.

Tags: alternative, ideas, new, uses

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great recycling!
What a great idea. I carry mine in a film container...remember camera film? My meter, etc is in a very small camera case....and it works fine. I too have to scale down, at one time my purse was bigger and heavier than any diaper bag I ever carried.
How about a Rube Goldberg device that creates a five foot perimeter around the meter case that can only be deactivated by remote control. Our dog forces us to place laundry items in the hamper; otherwise he will chew holes in them. If they can't get to an item, they won't destroy it.
Check out Accu-chek website. You can purchase the cute bags for only $3.50 each. check it out.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service