American Idol contestant, TuDiabetes member, in hospital due to diabetes complications

Crystal Bowersox is a member of TuDiabetes. Let's wish her a prompt recovery and best of luck in American Idol!!!

According to US Weekly, Bowersox, the 24-year-old Ohio mom who wowed the "American Idol" judges last week with her performance of Alanis Morissette's "Hand in My Pocket," has been hospitalized and is recovering from diabetes complications.

Fox issued the following statement Tuesday afternoon: "Due to medical issues which would prevent Crystal Bowersox from performing tonight, the 10 male semifinalists will perform this evening, and the 10 female semifinalists will perform tomorrow night." 

More details:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/americanidoltracker/2010/03/america...

Tags: american idol, complications, diabetes, members

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hope she goes all the way. I hate to rain on the parade but there all ready reports that she is getting preferential treatment due to her "illness". I assuming it is not being announced the nature of her illness or the fact that she is diabetic.
It is disgusting to suggest anybody that is "sick" is getting preferential treatment due to the author's ignorance. When it is released that Chrystal is doing fine and that her so called "illness" was due to her diabetic condition I wonder are these writers going to apologize?

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realityrocks/321651/the-american-i...

Good Luck Chrystal and speedy recovery
Chrystal
I know, I read that, and I commented on it, as so did many others, criticizing the writer for his ignorance. They need to be ashamed of themselves.
I hope everything gets better. I didn't know that she was a Tu member.... I am a fan of Andrew Garcia but now I'm going to cheer for her aswell.
Hope you feel better and kick it on idol.
Get well soon ...... n all the best.
We Love You, Girl!!! xoxoxo from the family

I hope you feel better!

Another person who proves the world that diabetes cant stop us!
Crystal, I'm so glad you made it through yesterday and were able to perform tonight. As soon as I learned (yesterday) you were a fellow diabetic, you grabbed my interest. And WOW! You were, without a doubt, the best performer tonight. And it's even sweeter (yeah, sorry for the pun) for me that you did it after a super health challenge. We all know what it feels like to be sick with diabetes to magnify certain things. I'm thankful today that you made it through yesterday (inspiring), and thankful that I had the opportunity to hear you sing. You really moved me. Knowing that, even as strangers, we've shared some same feelings by having diabetes made your performance all the more meaningful. But honestly, even without knowing about your personal life, you would still have been my favorite. I'm rooting for you!

Stay healthy and rock on Crystal!

Hugs, Julie Ann
wishing you all the best and hope you feel better very soon : )
Wow!! I didn't know you were diabetic or even on American Idol until the news was on about your twitter!!

I like the term "beetes", btw!

Your voice does stand out!

I don't like the media calling it a "complication" as most people think a "complication" of diabetes is getting kidney failure, blindness, amputation, etc. Could it be you just had a lowwww blood sugar? Anyway, I do wish you the best; I hope they don't treat you like sympathy case nor do I hope they keep you from doing your best because you have diabetes (which it doesn't sound like that happened since they moved the men and women's night singing so you could participate!!0

And I do hope you have FUN, FUN, FUN!!! (Isn't that what singing is all about? I love to act, dance, sing, write, and draw because it is sooo fun for me!!).

Well, can you hear us "cheering" for you---"WOOOOO HOOOOOOO"!!

Rebecca M. Rodick {;D

P,S,. If you feel like it, come meet us this Sunday at Franklin Canyon Park in L.A. (see Events page under Resources). I've organized this meet-up... that is if it doesn't rain too much... Sigh..... :/ :) R.R.
I am glad that you are doing better. You did fantastic on last nights show.
Excellent performance last night. I admire you for not using your diabetes as a back story. When you win on the merits of your talent, I hope you will then speak about your type 1.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

TuDiabetes Is Getting A Makeover!

Written By Emily Coles, TuDiabetes Community Manager. Last summer we surveyed members of TuDiabetes and EsTuDiabetes online communities, and gained some GREAT insights! We learned that our members are happy with the information and support they receive on TuDiabetes and Read on! →

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service