Seems like everybody keeps a backup for the pump. What about BATTERIES? No mention at all..........

Views: 141

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In addition to my meter case, Skittles, fruit leathers, and insulin pen, I have a tiny case in my purse (I think it's meant to store SD cards for cameras) that has some pen needles, alcohol swabs, batteries, and a quarter (to unscrew the battery cap).

When my pump starts showing 2 bars on the battery indicator I add a spare lithium battery to my little backup pouch, the battery usually lasts about 2.5 months in my Animas 2020.

Yes I carry batteries, the MM pump and meter use a AAA Energizer

I carry everything needed to service my pump for a week and it all fits in a small leather bag I take it everywhere. If I leave the house it goes in my truck or car and the only exceptions are the gym or cycling. More than one time I have had to cancel my plains and go home because of a pump issue...bolus for meal and get a no delivery, slide into a booth at a local bar and catch infusion site on the corner of table and rip it out.

Murphy's law...something will happen sooner or later.

Ofcourse Mike ...batteries !! I carry 2 in my meter pouch . I recall looking for my fav. AAA Energizer brand , while in the Netherlands 2 years ago , because I forgot to take spare ones from home : NO such luck ...got my exercise in visiting many stores and went for the available brand .

I learned the hard way to carry back-up batteries for my meter at all times. If I were using a pump or CGM I'd carry back-up batteries for these, too. Having my dependable equipment go belly up when I was thirty miles from home in the middle of my work day at the world's largest factory (a 25 minute walk from desk to car) taught me to be battery aware!

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service