Hi all,

The year is coming to an end and I want to celebrate all that we have accomplished individually and as a community. I wanted to ask anyone that has the time to think about the best things that happened to them this year and share them here. I would love to make a video for the holidays to help us remember all the positive things that we did this year, so if you have time please attach a photo (or photos) here and/or email them to me at: emily@diabeteshf.org.

I can't wait to see what everyone has done this year! Depending on how many people submit pictures, I may be able to include them all in a video, if not, we will at least be able to share them all here!

Views: 481

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Finished Chicago Marathon!

I love it!!! I am planning on doing the Chicago marathon next year! How was it?

It sucked for me, no BG problems *at all*, almost a "non-issue" but I hadn't practiced running Garmin-less and the bridge under Wacker fried my telemetry and I ran faster than I should have until it straightened out, like 13-14 miles into it and I realized I how fast I was running, then I got horrible cramps for the rest of the race and slowed way down. Other than that, it was an AWESOME experience and I had a really neat time cruising around Chicago and the support was really top notch. I learned I didn't like running to "Born to Run" by Bruce Springsteen but really liked the house music when that was there.

I still don't have a garmin, just a little watch. I usually do some form of run walk. Like 10 min run, 2 min walk, or 9/1 of 4/1. At the Ironman I was down to 1/1. But I am hoping to do Chicago in 4 hours and 30 minutes with a 9/1 interval. But I guess the most important thing is to have fun! Was it hilly? Flat? Downhill?

Thanks for sharing your picture!

Walk running is a very good strategy! I had a really fun time, or as much fun as I could have being in excrucuating pain for two+ hours, lots of spectators, lots of crazy music and being in a huge stream of humanity. Chicago is *very* flat, a few minor grades is about it, although there's an overpass at the end that is quite daunting w/ a few hundred yards to go. There's a beer truck at the end though....

Okanagan , BC , Team Diabetes Canada ,October 8, 2011 ...

Mom ( type 1 pumper ) and daughter from Salmon Arm , BC

prior to the Run

Thank you Nel, thees pictures are great!!!!

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

A Snapshot: Diabetes In The United States

An infographic explaining the most recent CDC diabetes figures, released in June 2014.

Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of the Diabetes Hands Foundation?

Facing Diabetes Together Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of  the Diabetes Hands Foundation? When you make a gift to the Diabetes Hands Foundation you help people with diabetes make positive changes in their lives. We believe that no Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service