Hi all,

The year is coming to an end and I want to celebrate all that we have accomplished individually and as a community. I wanted to ask anyone that has the time to think about the best things that happened to them this year and share them here. I would love to make a video for the holidays to help us remember all the positive things that we did this year, so if you have time please attach a photo (or photos) here and/or email them to me at: emily@diabeteshf.org.

I can't wait to see what everyone has done this year! Depending on how many people submit pictures, I may be able to include them all in a video, if not, we will at least be able to share them all here!

Views: 482

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Family members at the Finish, Kelowna from Burnaby ...a 6 ( ??) hour drive

, October 8, 2011

Marie,

I love your quilt pictures! Thank you for sharing!

I did a 5k obstacle course in Nov (rugged maniac) had lots of fun I wore blue from head to toes :) It was super hard there were a lot of hard obstacles & lots of hills to run through felt very proud that I was able to finish!

I love this pic! The mountains in the background are awesome (I'm in Chicago..."big hill" = 100 ft...) and everybody looks so happy. I thought that at those "tough mudder" "rugged maniac" races you are supposed to post the pictures of yourself wallowing in mud?

Lol thanks! I thought I'd post the one with my team mates but I have a few on my profile of me climbing over walls and stuff :) where I live I'm Surrounded by mountains when I run outdoors the road runners and jackrabbits join me lol!

Ah, there you are, nice and muddy!

I got engaged!!

Attachments:

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

I took a wonderful barge cruise in Ireland with my 80 year old mother. We had a wonderful mother/daughter adventure and ate the most beautiful food... and lots of it, too. When I got the results of my next A1c, it was down (from 8.3) to 6.9. My endo said I should go away more often. All in all, 2011 was a really good year !

Attachments:

We have married! Happy Holidays to all of you!

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service