Hi Everyone,
Love the CGM been wearing it for about 3 weeks now. for thje most part it is about 30 points higher than the finger stick. but i love being able to see my trends on the graph, it will be a big help when i see the Endo the 17th. The IV3000 Tape is a joke it is to small to grab enough skin to hold on to ( 2 3/4 x 2 7/8 ). Keep in mind I am very active and I climb under cars and tend to get greasy and sweat alot. So the tape may work fine for others..... Now trying to find the best spot to put it. I tried the outside of the thigh, that lasted about 2 days and pulled it out. and had to put in another one, then i tried the back of the arm and made it 4 days and reached behind the chair and pulled it out ( each was covered with the IV3000 tape) Thinking about trying a wide ace bandage and cutting it to fit my arm or leg and see how that works.......Now for the ANGLE of the inserter, I have been using the 45 degree and it works ok but is uncomfortable for about a day and a half and somewhat sore. I have not tried the 60 degree yet. Which do you prefer as far as less uncomfortable? I am a small framed guy not much meat on the bones lol.... 6 foot 140 lbs now.

Views: 315

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had a 63 Falcon Futura Black with red leather bucket seats. If I recall it had a 2 speed automatic transmission. That tranny was not one of Fords better ideas:)

This one is red on red covertible whit top bucket seats 170 engine with factory 4 speed all Original. still has the 13 inch wheels LOL man are those small

Cool!

Tegaderm is the best adhesive - cover the whole thing. I have used the CGM for several years no and I am lost without it. I insert the sensor at about 60-90 degrees. The inserter kind of "stands up on its feet". I think most type 1's tend to have not much meat on their bones....so I use the "love handle" area. I honestly think the CGM is not so much for telling what the exact number is but the RATE you are falling or climbing. I am just amazed at how quick it changes. I have very, very rarely had the graph "flat-line". I cannot believe in a short period of time your BG's change so much. By the way I have had type 1 for 58 years and you can "teach an old dog new tricks".Sheila

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

#WalkWithD: Making MORE Sense of Diabetes

A few years ago, we at Diabetes Hands Foundation reached out to the members on TuDiabetes and asked them to share their perspective of life with diabetes through one of the five senses, as part of an initiative called Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service