Would anybody ever consider not dating another person who has type 1 diabetes? and why or why not? Just curious what people think!!!!

Views: 843

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If we're not careful, somebody is going to start a dating group on here!

I'm not interested in having kids (way too old now, but never was), so the only down side I see is that I wouldn't be getting all the attention! (Kidding! Sort of)

Honestly the real down side there??? Such cute kids b/c Teenagers!!! LOL!

I have been in the same relationship for going on 5 years and sometimes I wish he had Type 1 diabetes. I think about all the times he would just KNOW how I feel and not give me that crazy look. Or not even give me that "I feel sorry for you" look. He would watch what he eat more. My boyfriend can go through a WHOLE damn box of honey buns like its not no tomorrow. Don't get me wrong he is not fat he is VERY skinny and I think that makes me even more jealous and envious lol.

I dated a guy like that: two hollow legs and built like a drinking straw.

He could eat anything, any time and he never gained a quarter ounce. I was soooooo jealous.

He was smart, generally kind and cute, though, so I forgave him his superior metabolism.

I think I would only want to date A T1, but ive never had Girlfriend in my life so i have no exp with the subject

My T1 daughter (7 years old) has a huge crush on her T1 friend. They have been in the same class since Kindergarten and spend a bit of time together (a lot of it in the nurses office) so they have gotten to be great friends. I have joked to my husband that they will make beautiful diabetic children someday, but in all seriousness, I have to admit that it would worry me a little if she decided to have children with another diabetic.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MasterLab through the eyes of the community

The Diabetes Hands Foundation would like to thank everyone for attending the diabetes advocates MasterLab on July 2nd 2014. MasterLab was about building a sense of what is possible and designed to give advocates a chance to learn from veteran Read on! →

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service