I am starting this discussion to have people list/describe the items they would like their pump (or the Perfect Pump) to have.

I have some ideas to get this going..

Large Color Screen (or adjustable contrast "black/white" screen
backlit screen
Reminder to test BG
Schedule of when to allow/disallow BG Testing (ie do not remind me between 11pm and 6am)
Ability to save settings to computer (PC,Mac, pad devices, smart phones)
Change settings on computer and upload back to pump
uploade saved settings to pump
Built in Carb Counter *and fat and protein)
included with this would be common meals you eat, ie "Pizza Night" which would have the carbs counted
ability to use this information for TAG boluses
Ability to use TAG (Total Available Glucose)
*for those that don't know what that it is, it includes a percentage of the fat and protein in the food, and allows you to bolus the fat/protein conversion to glucose over several hours (dual wave or similar)
Wireless Pump/Meter communications
Use standard LUER connections

Feel free to add your ideas, and maybe the pump companies will get the idea

Views: 105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can't 'like' this. I LIKE it!
+1 for this.
Ability to set the insulin activity (for the Medtronic pumps, BolusExpert) to increments of 30 mins. For me 3 hours is too short and 4 hours is too long!
Mac software!!!!!!!!!!
advanced bolus features: super bolus (i.e. borrow from basal to knock down the spike from high carb meals), timer delayed bolusing, combo bolus presets (like Cozmo), simultaneous combo/extended, etc....these build on standard bolus features but would require FDA approval.
Please, software for Android!
DITTO!
It's in the works look up the jewel pump
Their website is horrible, I hope whoever approved it isn't making the interface :\
The ability to transport insulin into the portal vein.
+1
Turns off the "check bg" warning automatically after I check my bg

Wireless syncing with computer or iPad

Terry

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

La Diabetes Hands Foundation y HelpAround uniendo las personas tocadas por la diabetes

Para nuestra comunidad de diabetes la tecnología ha venido a llenar muchos vacíos y a hacer de nuestras vidas un poco mas llevaderas. Eso mismo nos proporciona una nueva aplicación de geo-localización llamada HelpAround (Ayuda a tu alrededor). HA Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service