I know they are supposed to make a PDM with the Dexcom programmed into it; I want a CGM and have the OmniPod but would hate to get the Dexcom and then have them combine the two and have to go through some long thing of switching, etc. especially when it could be cheaper to wait...

But does anyone know when this is expected to come out?

Thanks! :)

Views: 842

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I have decided never to wait for anything diabetes related - I get the best I can that's available right now. When we got my son the Omnipod 2 years ago, it was about to come out with the smaller one, and be integrated with the Dexcom - it's now two years later and I'm glad we didn't wait! We got the dexcom about a year and a half ago. If I'd waited, we'd still be on MDI and not be reaping the benefits of the Dexcom. I mean I know there are going to be people that end up getting the stuff right before it actually does come out, but I've decided it's worth the risk to be one of the small number of people who get upset for that reason instead of risk waiting years and years for something that never materializes.
Well I decided to go for it! My insurance covers 70% (but they want a butt load of stuff including bg logs, ugh) so it would be $366 for the starter kit with the transmitter receiver and 4 sensors, and then each month the 4 new sensors each shipment would only be around -$75. Pretty good I'd say compared to my pump!!! But that is because I had to pay my $1000 deductible with my pump.

My deductible renews in 10 days and he just emailed me and said they would try their hardest to get it all together and ordered through my insurance before it renews. I really hope they do because my deductible goes up then even more, I think it's like $2000. So....I probably wouldn't be able to get it then. :(
Good Luck....keep us posted on your progress. As I told you, I am pretty happy with mine even though today was frustrating. I just had an overall weird day with my glucose and the Dexcom was way off on the readings.
I went from 207 to 47 with my insulin suspended during a hour-long workout. The Dexcom registered me at 87 when I was 47 (I didn't feel that low).
It takes a day or so for the new sensor to adjust and then you can only wear it for 7 days so basically you get about 5 1/2 days of readings that are within a close range.
I'm going to post some questions in the Dexcom forum to get some feedback. All feedback from my T1 friends welcome:)
Okay good to know!

So hopefully I get it before my insurance renews in 9 days. Crossing my fingers!
Beth- Are you only able to get 7 days because the sensor stops being accurate for you or fails? If I just restart the sensor at the end of 7 days it usually picks up right where it left off- with accurate values.

You can definitely wear the sensor for more than 7 days! I wear mine for at least 14 (or until it falls off or quits reading correctly) The funny thing is it gets more accurate as time goes on so you're right, it takes a couple days to get going and it's always much more accurate the second week.

I'm glad you decided to go ahead with it!

Hope you enjoy it in good health!
I will be getting my shipment tomorrow!! So excited and SOOO thankful for Matt at Dexcom. Customer service is amazing! He shipped it overnight because he knew how badly I wanted it!! :)
Recieved it today! LOVE so far! Its charging as we speak and I already have the sensor in my tummy.
Attachments:

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

A Snapshot: Diabetes In The United States

An infographic explaining the most recent CDC diabetes figures, released in June 2014.

Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of the Diabetes Hands Foundation?

Facing Diabetes Together Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of  the Diabetes Hands Foundation? When you make a gift to the Diabetes Hands Foundation you help people with diabetes make positive changes in their lives. We believe that no Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service