Hey everyone i was just curious to see how long people have had diabetes. By the end of august im going to make a graph and post it on here.

Views: 550

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

10 years. dx at age 13. I cant believe its been 10 years already, still in total denial about the whole thing.
Diagnosed at16. This is my 26th year.
5 years
52 years; dx t1 at 8 months. Perfect health; no complications; not a serious sticky moment so far; have not regretted D a single second in all these years. Life is really, really good.
@ DC Reporter--Have you looked into the Study being done at the Joslin Diabetes Center? Have you applied for your award from them? This is how they are getting long term diabetics to do the study and the award is a beautiful bronze medal. I understand that you will then get one from Eli Lilly, but I've not received that one as of yet. (seems thee was some paperwork problem or something. I just need to get it straightened out..)
259 (I measure mine in dog years)
Since the 10th of March this year (aged 43). Looking forward to seeing your graph. Check out my discussion to see what their BG values and type were at the time when they were diagnosed.

http://www.tudiabetes.org/forum/topics/what-were-your-bg-values-whe...
Maybe the y axis will be the number of people who had diabetes X number of years?
17 years this August, I was diagnosed at 21.
diagnosed in 1967 at the age of eleven. I have made it to fifty four so that is forty three years, so far.
21 years...diagosed at age 12.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service