I have a few questions (my answers are shown next to the question) in regards to the Diabetes Online Community....
1. What year did you join the DOC? 2002
2. What Type of Diabetes do you have? Type 1
3. How long have you had Diabetes? 26 years
4. What age were you diagnosed? 12 years old
5. How old were you when you joined the DOC? 29/30
6. What was your main reason for Joining the DOC? I was having issues with minor complications I was dealing with and had a few questions.
7. How many Diabetic related online communities are you currently a member of? Probably 10, but I only visit 2 of them.
Question Eight was added 11/7/2010. Thanks bsc.
8. What year did you join the on-line community? 1994 ish?
I have a couple of online Diabetic friends that say they have been a part of the DOC since the late 1990's.... the wonderful years where modems screeched! I'd say roughly 1998, a (offline) friend told me to go online and try to connect with other diabetics. I did, I recall doing searches but I was always directed to gruesome pages about diabetes complications. So that kinda turned me off until 2002.
I'm very interested in learning how long some of us have been a part of the online community, how long we had diabetes before joining and what brought us here etc..
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.