Is airing the ever so controversial episode of Hannah Montana tomorrow. I sure hope they changed some things so it's not so fake and stupid.

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

that movie looked lame to begin with. no offense to those who like that movie.
Oh yeah I saw Panic Room and was really annoyed as well. I actually did a whole project in college about mis-represented diabetic references in movies. How about Memento, anyone see the "diabetic" woman in that movie take insulin as if it were heroin? So annoying. Do your research, people!
That movie was so stupid. No wonder why people have such ignorant beliefs about diabetics.
anyone see the first episode of glee on fox? a lady mentioned to her husband when he brought her a sandwich if he remembered no mayo... she said, "i dont want my diabetes to come back"... as if avoiding mayo prevents diabetes...
oh my gosh. wow, that is nuts.
Gee, if only we all knew that mayo was the culprit!

These shows need a diabetic consultant on staff. Will work for test strips:)
lol yep! if only it was that simple... i guess i'm gonna need insulin tomorrow... i'm having tuna salad... lol
Better eat your tuna salad outside the hospital to be safe!
Hahaha... yep! That or have an ambulance on stand by!
haha i love diabetic references
Oh man, when I was younger The Baby Sitters Club was a popular book series to read and at one point one of the girls was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. It was back in the 80s (when it was written) when they didn't really have home blood glucose monitors and all that so some of it seemed a little silly to me (this was mid-90s that I was actually reading them) but I finally had to stop reading them altogether when she went surfing, had a low blood sugar so she went to the cafe to get A SALAD to bring her sugars back up. Last time I checked green salad doesn't have enough of anything to bring a BS back up.
I can't stop giggling, a salad? Good grief

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Where are you Medicare? The elephant was not in the room

This was the question burning in people’s mind and passionately talked about yesterday and today at the General Sessions of the AACE/ACE Consensus Conference on Glucose Monitoring, an event to bring together in Washington, DC all relevant stakeholders to Read on! →

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service