Do you have some kind of energency identification that says youre a betic?

so ive heard some people have tattoos. ive been thinking of getting one, but didnt really know what to get. hearing that idea, i think ima do that.

at the moment i wear Dog Tags. they list: 1. my name
2. birthdate
3. blood type
4. religion
5. DIABETES INSULIN

heres a picture.

so im curious as to know what others use, if anythingm and hope that those that dont use any form of ID get an idea for one. if you like my dog tags you can create your own here on this site:

www.armydogtags.com

Views: 975

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Love this!
My son has dog tags and a wrist band. His wrist band is black with a silver tag on the front. He prefers to wear his wrist band. He has his name, Type 1 Diabetes, and that he is insulin dependent. When he is sixteen or so I will allow him to get a tattoo for this purpose only.
This is a site I found and it's free... Good to have in your wallet...

http://www.medids.com/free-id.php
My daughter thought it would be cute to get me a dog tag printed that said my name and ..diabetic . She bought it at pet smart. They have that machine where you can print your doggies info ... I carry mine hanging on my purse...but i have to get a new one cause she put MY phone number on contact...LOL HHHEEELLLOOO She said it never occured to her that i was'nt my own ICE...( She's 21 ... should i be worried...lol)
now that is funny. haha,but at least she was thoughtful
nice find Ken, this is very useful
I wear a usb dog tag necklace. I find that it is the easiest one to use and contains ALL your medical data in case of emergency. They are cheaper than Medical Alert as there is no yearly fee. They have both a Canadian and US website.

http://www.universalmedicalid.com/mkt_can/category.php?mastercatego...
i have ... nothing. i used to have a card in my wallet but i refuse to wear an ID bracelet or chain. i disclose my D to no one and if i get in trouble, they'll figure it out soon enough ... even if they don't have a clue what a pump is.
also ... working in the white house i will not wear any metal if i can help it. i hate getting snagged by the magnetometers.
finally ... i've been T1 for 50 years and have never had a truly dicey moment; no seizures, never incapacitated by high or low. so the odds seem pretty good. but please, don't tell my mothers. she's been after me for decades to get an ID.
I have it tattooed on my wrist
I cut out and taped the word DIABETIC onto my Driver License, which is probably illegal although the word doesn't block any info. I may add the word METFORMIN, the name of the drug I current take.
I use a Medic Alert bracelet as well, they are good for instant identification, when needed.
Dog Tags are a brilliant idea as well, although I would worry about strangling myself in a fit situation?

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MasterLab through the eyes of the community

The Diabetes Hands Foundation would like to thank everyone for attending the diabetes advocates MasterLab on July 2nd 2014. MasterLab was about building a sense of what is possible and designed to give advocates a chance to learn from veteran Read on! →

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service