I've always been a pretty healthy eater, low fat, whole grains etc... but once in a while (every couple months) I want fast food, or Dairy Queen or just junk food in general. My question to everyone is, do you still indulge once in a while? knowing you have to take a bunch more insulin to cover your indulgence. I'm curios to know because I really want a blizzard with the temperature being so high. (43 C tomorrow 104f)

Tags: dairy, food, junk, queen

Views: 207

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah. I guess it isn't really a milkshake...but still... so good. You look thin Mike... you could probably go for it. Welcome from another member from Ontario. :)
I know what a blizzard is, but I have never had one.
That is what I am thinking - I already have enough things that are hard to resist.
Kind of like when they tell you that a drink a day is good for your heart, but if you're not a drinker, DON'T Start!
I better quit following this thread because everyone is making me want to start!
I definitely indulge, and I LOVE Blizzards! My favorite is a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard. I just usually get the smallest size, bolus well for it, and make sure to get some exercise either before or after. Enjoy it!
Son just got one of those a day I took him and his brother miniature golfing. It was the smallest (really thats all anyone needs); his cgms showed that he flatined for hours after it. He has 15-20 gram "treats" all the time, more this summer because we are having difficultly knowing his insulin needs since they have seemed to change so much since school got out. For example; tonight he's had 3 carb combo snacks(at different times) since dinner just so he won't be low before bed.
Yep!! I have never tried a Blizzard., I think I will now! I eat very little during the day, so I do allow myself to Indulge sometimes....called "Living". :)
Please do its the best ever!
So who's selling these blizzards? You guys make me want to INDULGE!! LOL!
Its my motto...People always ask how do I stay so discipline against the major no-no foods and I simply say its because when I REALLY want it to the point its almost a need, I eat it...If its just a small craving then I can over power it when I substitute....For example today is my mother's bday and I didnt have a great need for cake but later I had a sweet tooth so I had a spoon of Nutella...

104??? Yeah I would go for it
LOL, sounds like I ought to try a Blizzard, but I really prefer affogato coffee with a serve of Baileys over the icecream for my indulgence.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Where are you Medicare? The elephant was not in the room

This was the question burning in people’s mind and passionately talked about yesterday and today at the General Sessions of the AACE/ACE Consensus Conference on Glucose Monitoring, an event to bring together in Washington, DC all relevant stakeholders to Read on! →

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service