Just to preface this: I know some people truly base their outlook on life on science and reason. I'm not one of those people. I believe I was "given" this disease because God, or a higher power of some kind believes I can handle it. I think that I was diagnosed with diabetes (T1) so I could "spread the word", and do something beneficial for our community. Is this just me who thinks this, or do you guys, somewhere in the back of your mind believe the same thing?

Please tell me if I'm crazy :)

Views: 120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Listen Frances,
By you generalizing "Americans" as stupid, I find that offensive. When a cure is discovered, the hell I will take it. Religion is not based on ignorance or matter of intelligence. I choose to believe what I believe, and don't tell me, that I'm "slipping down the ranks."
Yes! I had a drug problem and after my last round, I ask for a little help. I knew I wasn't strong enough myself. Well a couple of weeks later I am in ICU,DKA, dx'ed type 1 at 52. Careful what you ask for. LOL I admit it worked!!!
I agree with you Egirl. Its just about something inside of me that makes me feel there is a reason, Diabetes is a continuous state of mind for me. A state of mind that I must take care of myself, and keep aware about whats really important. Few things are... And on our daily routine we get lost, so diabetes is a tool to put us back on the way.
Diabetes is definitely a part of me, a important part of my life and personality. Although its a bad thing at first sight, learning how to manage sugar levels can be very similar about how to manage a good life. Eating right, exercising, managing stress... Its something all should do, diabetics or no.
So, yes, I think there's a reason, and if i could born again and choose being Diabetic or not, I would choose yes.
Take Care!!

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MasterLab through the eyes of the community

The Diabetes Hands Foundation would like to thank everyone for attending the diabetes advocates MasterLab on July 2nd 2014. MasterLab was about building a sense of what is possible and designed to give advocates a chance to learn from veteran Read on! →

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service